Topic: missing card from database

I can't find Budoka Gardener.  It is a rare creature from Champions of Kamaigawa

Re: missing card from database

Search for Dokai, Weaver of Life
Some of the cards that can be "flipped upside down" are in the system by their other name

nevertheless, the card's name is still Budoka gardener.
So is should be searched as its MTG card name.

Dokai wil be only when in play and flipped. Every other time (hand, library, graveyard, exile, sideboard), the card's name is Budoka Gardener.

Flipped (in mtg) is always 180 degrees. (upside down).

Diverse thoughts. MTG and anything that crosses my mind. http://blog.scorpse.com
DCI MTG Level 2 Judge

Agree with scorpse...for purposes of tracking a collection each card only has one name.

Budoka Gardener is still missing...Dokai, Weaver of Life is incorrectly in the database.  Dokai is not the card name.

Just checking back in on this issue...flip cards still appear to be named incorrectly.

It would be helpful for these flip cards to be named consistently and only after the name of the card before it is flipped. I don't think it is logical to search for the flipped name of the card.

Other than the conceptual problem of there being two versions of the same cards existing as different objects in the database, there is also the problem that the flipped cards in the database do not have price information attached to them (because no one anywhere lists them that way).

Last edited by preypacer (2011-07-04 00:17:43)