Topic: Open or Keep Boosters to Trade?

First, hello. I'm a returning to the magic scene. Never played competitively.
I've only recently gone to the sealed and booster draft tournaments. And obviously won some boosters.

Is it wise to keep the boosters and trade them or should I just open them?
How do you guys do it? Do you get better trades when you use boosters?

Thanks!

Re: Open or Keep Boosters to Trade?

Either sell them or trade them or find a store that will let you add them to the draft pool for cheaper drafts. Don't open them.

Can you sell boosters here? Like...put them in your inventory and people can trade for them and stuff?

Jfreak7 wrote:

Can you sell boosters here? Like...put them in your inventory and people can trade for them and stuff?

You can't add to your inventory, but you could certainly put in your profile and start a thread in one of the trading forums.

Not sure if you guys have heard of it or not, but buying/trading for loose boosters is asking for a bad time..... there's this thing called box mapping, and it means that loose boosters will never contain good stuff except for foils...... if you don't believe me, head over to magicsalvation and search for Gatecrash box mapping project. I don't map as I don't buy boxes, but thought it worth mentioning.

frankenskid wrote:

Not sure if you guys have heard of it or not, but buying/trading for loose boosters is asking for a bad time..... there's this thing called box mapping, and it means that loose boosters will never contain good stuff except for foils...... if you don't believe me, head over to magicsalvation and search for Gatecrash box mapping project. I don't map as I don't buy boxes, but thought it worth mentioning.

This is great advice that everyone should know about.

Oh, good call frankenskid. Looks like boosters are out of the picture then.