Topic: {Opinions}Updated my Stuffy Doll deck.

I changed things around a little with my stuffy deck but I feel that I'm missing some good cards for this deck. Any ideas?

Re: {Opinions}Updated my Stuffy Doll deck.

Here's the link for interested parties:  http://deckbox.org/sets/219478

The way I see this deck, you're pulling in two separate directions.  One, you're wanting to capitalize on the damage abilities of Stuffy Doll and Boros Reckoner.  Two, you're trying to pump out a butt-ton of tokens.  You're welcome to go either route, but I could see where it'd be more fun to go with the Doll and Reckoner - but it would need some changes.

Some general thoughts:

First off, you're relying entirely on Blasphemous Act for the doll damage.  Why not splash in some other more general burn like Searing Spear/Brimstone Volley?  Or, even better, go with some board-wiping type damage like Rolling Temblor and Magmaquake.  Both those will damage your ground guys (that you're trying to get hit) while hopefully wiping the board on their side, all while not dinging any of your spirits.

Second, if you're after spirit tokens, toss in the new Orzhov one-drop spirit creator Beckon Apparition over the Mausoleum Guards - it both lets you get rid of undying creatures but also creates spirits for less mana.  I'd also take a look at Geist-Honored Monk for an alternate finisher.

Third, Inquisitor's Flail?

Lastly, I'd say to throw Burn at the Stake in if you're going tokens like this.  Then you could target a flail-equipped doll for a ton of damage.

Keep in mind that this deck is INCREDIBLY vulnerable to Electrickery, Izzet Staticaster, Illness in the Ranks, and Curse of Death's Hold until you get at least one Intangible Virtue out - hence why I'm hesitant to even suggest going the token route.

Anyway, good luck with it!

yeah i meant to post the link. The apparition is a good card that I completely forgot about that will go in. I think I will put in more burn spells like magmaquake and searing spear. I'm not a fan of using equipment because I find it to be too slow. Thanks for the idea I'll definitely modify.

Another card that I found that I used in the build that I had posted on here quite a while ago was Volatile Rig, it's just another source of damage to everything, sure it's a chance but lets be honest this entire deck is largely based on chance, I'd also say that Boros Keyrune could be pretty sweet, it lets you keep a creature post board-wipe and ramps you into your Stuffy Doll.

Electrickery and co are huge threats, I might consider adding x4 Angel of Jubilation in sideboard in order to counteract this risk, the big problem in my opinion is just that Curse of Death's Hold is one of the few things in standard that actually kills Stuffy Doll and let's be honest how likely is is that you win without the doll? I know I never did. Harvest Pyre was also pretty good in my experience, it usually does more than 3 damage since you don't really care about having stuff in your graveyard and you're playing alot of instant's/sorceries, it has the added benefit of hurting your opponent's Deathrite Shaman since you can just exile everything in your graveyard.