Topic: Thoughts on my first deck?

I wanted to build a really cheap hexproof deck as my first deck.  My strategy here is to get some hexproofs out, beef them up with equipment, and then hopefully drop an overrun late game for a big offensive. 

http://deckbox.org/sets/305016

I'm worried it could be a slow-starter or is vulnerable to big creature decks.  Would also like to eventually tweak this into a green/white hexproof-flying or a green/x hexproof-indestructible deck, but I'm starting with something simple here.

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Thoughts on my first deck?

You might consider replacing at least one Cultivate with Ranger's Path considering you're mono green. It's an extra mana to cast, but getting two lands out in addition to the one you've potentially played this turn does wonders for ramp decks.

Also, with all this power it'd be nice to be able to give some of your creatures trample. If you want to stick with the equipment theme, you could try out Horned Helm, O-Naginata, Ring of Kalonia, or Vorrac Battlehorns. If not, there are some instant speed options such as Unnatural Predation. Those Rancors you have in your sideboard would perform swimmingly here as well.

Re: Thoughts on my first deck?

Thanks for the advice!  I will look into prices on some of those recommendations.