Topic: Is anybody out there?

Who is willing to trade out there..I'm trying to complete trades using this site and I'm not getting very far.  It's not that I'm getting turned down a lot, it's that nobody is even responding to my trade requests.  Is this particular site just going nowhere from a trading perspective?  If you are out there and you are interested in trading then look up my inventory and make me an offer.

Edit-I would love to get my hands on a mother of runes or two.

Last edited by Ronnaldo (2011-03-31 16:42:05)

Re: Is anybody out there?

Kinda depends on where are you...

I'm willing to trade by mail...and have completed one trade in this way...am I the exception?

At this point most of the users of this site handle the major part of their trading in their local communities or at least in the same country through this site. In time the site will have enough users willing to trade more by mail.

I am also willing to trade worldwide via mail, but it may be that from all the thousands of users you chose the ones that are not active anymore. If I think about it, it would make sense that when you see another user's account page, we should show you their last activity so you see if indeed they are still active on the website. Have you checked that the users you initiated a trade with have 'Worldwide' set to their trading possibilities?

I'm willing to trade by mail and I have a ton of older commons that I need to enter into the site. If you're looking for any, please let me know.

I'm up to start trading here. Check my lists we have stuff in common

I'm up for trading as well.

Me too! I have Legacy rares to trade for modern. Hit me up!

Also I am always looking out for free commons. I will pay for shipping

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101681338/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Up for trading smile

Check out my trade and wishlists!

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101681338/Scorecards/Landscape.png

So far out of 21 trade proposals, I've only been able to complete 2. The vast majority of my proposals have been ignored by the other party.  This site has an AWESOME trade mechanic built in here, it's too bad people aren't really using it very well. If you don't want to trade, decline the offer or make a counter! 

I really don't want to have to go back to MagicTraders.com (MOTL).  It was so clunky on there and rippers were everywhere.  I hope this site starts seeing some more activity soon.

mylkhead wrote:

So far out of 21 trade proposals, I've only been able to complete 2. The vast majority of my proposals have been ignored by the other party.  This site has an AWESOME trade mechanic built in here, it's too bad people aren't really using it very well. If you don't want to trade, decline the offer or make a counter! 

I really don't want to have to go back to MagicTraders.com (MOTL).  It was so clunky on there and rippers were everywhere.  I hope this site starts seeing some more activity soon.

I've had a similar experience, 6 out of 44 trades completed (and hey, you were one of them). Very few of the canceled ones were because the other party actively participated and declined the trade.

I know the to-do list of things for the site is in no danger of being empty, but to help foster it as a trading site I think the following would be a good start:

• During registration make it much more explicit that the default trading zone of "local" should be changed if you actually want to receive offers from other people. (at least I think it defaults to local and most people never consider it) Or perhaps create a new category of "not interested in trading" and require people to actively choose one of the four.

• Filter the lists on the individual card pages and on my profile page so that users don't show up where both our trading zones don't match. It's painful to have to check user after user who has listed card X in their tradelist when the site already knows they won't want to trade with me.

• List prices on the user pages that show the intersection of two users' wishlist and tradelist. This would save a ton of time in figuring out if a trade is even worth suggesting.

• Put a big red icon on the site's toolbar to tell people they have a pending trade, just like the one that indicates new forum messages.