Topic: G/U bonding in paradise (want sugestions)

looking for help with this deck... devoted druid is my main combo card, but it gets killed too easily. lloking for sugestions  to keep alive. The creatures and paradise mantle need to stay but everything else is fair game to change smile Thank you for the help!
http://deckbox.org/sets/298032

Re: G/U bonding in paradise (want sugestions)

Firstly, I don't exactly understand what the win condition is in this deck.  You said something about a combo, but I don't see it.

Secondly, Seal of Strength is terrible.  Replace it with Giant Growth.  Same cost, same effect, not susceptible to removal.

only thing I can see is trying to overload your opponent with fairly weak creatures. I don't see the win combo either.

Giant growth would be a better card. even overrun would be good also.

I see the combo.  You tap Devoted Druid for a green, then put a -1/-1 counter to untap it and then use that green mana to activate Quillspike to give it +3/+3... setting up an infinite pump combo.

The question is, what good would it do without trample?  Rancor much?

If the druid is easy pickings, you can use a variety of options from the Swiftfoot Boots you have listed to Asceticism or even more spot protection like Ranger's Guile.

Thanks for pointing that combo out.  But yeah, without trample it's basically pissing in the wind. 

If you're really concerned with your elf getting removed, and the boots aren't cutting it for you, I might recommend Darksteel Plate.  That'll protect it against most forms of removal, and with the Plate and the Boots, your opponent will be hard pressed to find a way to deal with it.

Thank you for the sugestions.  there are 2 combos with this deck that involve devoted druid. the first is with quilspike for a huge creature, and the other is with paradise mantle and leech bonder for creature removal and unlimited green mana as long as there is a creature out in play for the -1/-1 counters.

Last edited by mattmcc (2013-02-18 23:32:06)