Topic: Trader markst3ph3n: Anyone else have difficulty with him lately?

I have a trade with this user that was agreed upon back in January. My cards were sent on 1/14, his were "sent" on 1/17.

He received my cards on 1/23, but his never materialized. One was a Sphinx's Revelation, so I was pretty pissed off that I had to play 3 in a Standard deck for a tournament. (For the record, the tournament was 3.5 weeks after our trade, plenty of time, but I'm not exactly in a position to drop $20 for a spare.)

I asked him what was up and he immediately offered a replacement. I was momentarily placated because he has almost as high a rating as I do.

Two weeks go by, those never materialize. I ask if there was tracking added, but the response I get is an immediate offer to paypal me $25 this week if they don't show up by then.

I looked into his active trades and see a number of other really old trades around mine that haven't resolved yet either, so I'm wondering if anyone else here has been having difficulty before filing a bad trader report. At first, offers of replacements seemed really nice, but at this point such immediate offers to replace such expensive cards send up a red flag. It really seems to me like these were never sent and rather than owning up to double-trading a card by accident or something, he's pretending they were "lost". The biggest indicator, to me, is not putting tracking on the "replacement".

Really hoping to get the paypal cash to put this behind me (though I'm insisting on the value of the cards on the day we traded, not today's), but it's experiences like this piling up in the past month that are turning me off of trading with redditors. Never had a single problem with SA goons, but a few bad apples in here are spoiling the whole bunch for me.

If anyone else is having issues with this trader, please let me know, I'm holding off on a bad trader report until I get more information. At the very least, I suggest anyone trading with this individual insist on pictures of the cards to prove he has them in the first place and tracking numbers to prove he sent them.

Re: Trader markst3ph3n: Anyone else have difficulty with him lately?

I'm not really surprised that you have the audacity to besmirch my reputation on this site seeing how you responded to our conversation for the said trade. It's unfortunate that you accuse people of something totally unfounded.

Do not misrepresent the facts. The mods have access to our trade conversation.

After you sent a message of not receiving the cards after 2 weeks, I volunteered to send you another package.  After 2 weeks of not receiving the second one you sent me a message and I asked you if you're ok with me sending the $25 (which was the cost of the cards at that point in time) through paypal. You agreed, but were a bit rude in your message. I let it pass. Afterwards, you started making demands that I should send you more money for the cards, cover fees and shipping. I also offered to buy the cards and have it shipped to you, but you declined based on your knowledge that tcgpalyer does not allow for billing address and shipping address to be in different countries. I left you a positive feedback, but then you gave me a 0 and insinuated that I was dishonest with our trade.

I find that since I "lost" 2 packages to you already, sending a third one does not make sense. The cost of sending a third package or paying you is about the same, so rather than prolong this trade, I'd rather pay you. This is the first time I've had a problem with mailing to the US. To send a package to the US from Canada with tracking cost $20, and it does not make sense to buy it for cards worth $30. Unfortunately for me I was dealing with you, and have no idea if they were really lost.

As for your accusation of double trading, not having the cards, and not owning up to it: I have gone out of my way to buy the cards to make sure that I can keep my end of the deal. I believe in keeping my word to my trade partner. 

Trading here has its risks. If you can't accept the risks involved don't trade here. No amount is worth my reputation. I didn't build up my reputation so a trader like you can put it in question. It's bad apples like you that makes honest traders want to quit this site.

I hope you are happy with the cards and money I sent. You know what they say, what goes around comes around.