Topic: [feature request] Deck search

i think it would be nice to show on the cards' pages a link or a table showing links to decks that contain that card. for example, i have this cool new card, baneslayer angel and i would like to see some decks it would fit in smile

Re: [feature request] Deck search

Good idea.

I thought about some kind of "deck search", a way to find decks by several criteria... like colors and some cards they contain etc. So maybe not on the card page, as stuff can get a bit cluttered there; maybe a different section altogether, that could be just linked from the card page.

Consider it on the 'todo' list. Maybe it's going to go to the 'Upcoming features' thread after the trade stuff.

I have a possible bug and a related feature request.

Vampire Nocturnus' price is listed as "check" with a hypertext that links you to his page on bidwiket. Not sure why, or if it is even a bug.

Also, if it is something simple enough, I would like to see the total cost of the deck when the price column is in view. I know I can calculate it myself, but it would be nice if the 'system' would take the price of a card, multiply by how many are in the decklist, then total all of those products and display it.

(edit) Another idea that struck me as useful, as I am starting to really enjoy building EDH, would be the ability to create sub-inventory files (or custom named card lists that aren't decks). To frame this idea, lets say you own a ton of cards, perhaps enough to rival a small business. All of your cards, with the exception of valuable tradeables, are kept in a set of cardboard boxes that are sorted first by format legality (your standard legal cards are boxed separately from your vintage-only legal cards), then they are further separated by color. You would have quite a few boxes, to say the least. Then your worthy cards are kept in several binders that separate by legality and then by color. You would have several binders as well. If the binders and boxes were all labeled, you would have an inventory that is made up of several boxes and binders of sub-inventory.

A sub-inventory list on deckbox.org should still count the cards within it as being in your overall inventory (like sub-folders in windows directories). Having a toggle-able column in a deck list that displays, references or hyperlinks to the sub-inventory list that the card is located in would help even more, so that I would know when I'm bulding a deck which boxes to pull from inventory, but may be too advanced of a feature.

Thanks,
TheShaman

Last edited by TheShaman (2009-10-10 15:44:35)

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/ehndgaim/th_SigLogo.jpg
When you are here, you are one of the family.
Connect with the family on Facebook comming soon!

TheShaman wrote:

Vampire Nocturnus' price is listed as "check" with a hypertext that links you to his page on bidwiket. Not sure why, or if it is even a bug.

Yep, this is a small bug (but actually it's more their problem than mine), will be fixed soon.

TheShaman wrote:

Also, if it is something simple enough, I would like to see the total cost of the deck when the price column is in view. I know I can calculate it myself, but it would be nice if the 'system' would take the price of a card, multiply by how many are in the decklist, then total all of those products and display it.

This is also coming soon.

As for the sub-inventory set idea... I understand it and see how it can be useful but i'll have to think about it a bit... it's tricky to implement in a simple and straightforward way.