Topic: LOEC vs KAIROS

Question - I have a unit and my opponet plays Judgement of Loec which changes unit's status to development (constant effect, no power, HP, no text on text box).
In my turn I play Kairos and what exactly happens to this development after that? Kairos has another effect - all developments become units with 2 Power and 2 HP (but still counts as developments).
Does my ex-unit with Loec attached becomes again unit wit 2 Power/2HP or what?

Last edited by daniello_s (2011-06-28 20:47:44)

Re: LOEC vs KAIROS

Just updated the rules summary about this today, but here's the full answer:
Whenever you see the word "becomes," then you know that the card is considered to have changed states for as long as the effect applies, but it does not physically change states. So with Judgement of Loec, the unit it is attached to stays face-up and is considered to be a development for as long as Judgement remains attached. The unit is normally no longer considered to be a unit, has no power or HP, and cannot defend (note, however, that effects such as Bolt of Change, Spellsinger, and Kairos Fateweaver are all able to affect it in this state).

Ok, so with Loec attached it is treated as development - we know that.
Now Kairos comes to play and it's effect affects this development - but how?

There are couple options:
1. Loec is dominating and despite Kairos in play this development-unit has no power/HP
2. Loec and Kairos work 'together' - because of Loec development-unit has no power but because of Kairos it has 2 HP
3. Kairos is dominating and despite Loec attached this development-unit has 2 power and 2 HP.

Which situation is correct?

yo, it reads, that it applies to the card itself as unit and as development
it should work aginst kairos!?

yo daniello, you can [whi][/whi] all cards
just type kairos fateweaver and wrap it around it to kairos fateweaver it

Last edited by 5oRitez (2011-06-28 20:36:26)

daniello_s wrote:

Ok, so with Loec attached it is treated as development - we know that.
Now Kairos comes to play and it's effect affects this development - but how?

There are couple options:
1. Loec is dominating and despite Kairos in play this development-unit has no power/HP
2. Loec and Kairos work 'together' - because of Loec development-unit has no power but because of Kairos it has 2 HP
3. Kairos is dominating and despite Loec attached this development-unit has 2 power and 2 HP.

Which situation is correct?

2. is correct. You always apply the net effect of two or more constant effects without trigger conditions. So in this case, the unit is a development that also counts as a unit, it has 2 HP (from Kairos, Judgement doesn't affect HP) and no power (Judgement's "loses all" negates any power gains from Kairos or other cards), and is considered to have a blank text box.