Topic: Cubing in Bay Area

Hey folks,
  I'm working on getting my cube to a respectable place and would like to get it some use.  Could meet up in the peninsula for beer/cubing if people are interested.  Discuss.

Re: Cubing in Bay Area

I'm interested. I don't know much about this form of the game, so I'd need some tutoring. How does cubing work?

A cube is basically a collection of someone's cards compiled together for drafting.  You make "booster packs" out of cards from his/her collection and draft them.

Yes, it is essentially a custom draft, where you pick the 'metagame'.
Lot's of good info at Cubedrafting.com smile

I'd be interested. Whereabouts in the Bay?

I was thinking San Mateo is pretty centrally located.  I guess it depends where people are coming from. 

Cubing is fun because all of the cards are exciting to play.  The format still rewards good technical play but it's a little crazier than limited drafting.

Cube drafting is a ton of fun.  I would go but I live in SoCal tongue

San Mateo sounds good. Gator Games and Hobby is around there, but I'm not sure if they'd let us Cube; they only have 1 table inside.

I was thinking about a restaurant that has tons of table space and friendly people there.  It's called Windy City; figured we'd grab a few pitchers of beer, some pizza an get a cube draft going. 

If folks could shoot me a message and let me know if they'd be down for May 1 or May 2 next week we can plan something. If we reach critical mass (which I'd think is 4 total drafters) then let's do it. 

Please send me a message if you'd like to participate and whether next Wed or Thurs would be better for you to meet ~6 in San Mateo.

Beer, pizza and Magic sounds fantastic! I need to check with the other half before I can give the thumbs up for my attendance. If I can come, I have a sealed box of RTR that I've been waiting for a reason to crack. Prize support? Save it to draft another week? We'll see.

I also want to thank you guys (Kyrs and taodao) for putting this community together and giving it something to do, respectively.

Hopefully we can get a regular playgroup going.

The community is all Krys.  I'm just have a massive need for cubing ASAP!

If we don't do the San Mateo option I'd suggest the http://www.gourmethausstaudt.com place in Redwood City.  Good seating, fantastic beers. 

Folks, please announce yourself or send me a message if you can attend next week.  This even isn't going to be confirmed until we've got a couple of folks committed. 

Stay tuned!