Topic: Need Ratings Best>Worst on These 3 Decks Plz

Need opinions and overall effectiveness ratings on these three decks that my friends and myself have each put together. Which one of the three, from a more Tournament-seasoned standpoint, would be the most likely to actually secure a good placement in your average local Standard-Constructed tourney?

Deck #1 - "That White Guy's Got a Knife..."
(Mono-White Weenie-Equipment)

Lands - (22 Total)
22 Plains

Creatures - (20 Total)
4 Kor Duelist
3 Kitesail Apprentice
4 Puresteel Paladin
3 Sunspear Shikari
4 Mirran Crusader
2 Hero of Bladehold

Spells - (18 Total)
3 Flayer Husk
3 Strata Scythe
2 Strandwalker
1 Sword of Mind and Body
1 Sword of Feast and Famine
1 Sword of War and Peace
3 Dispense Justice
4 Journey to Nowhere

Deck #2 - "Jim, Bad News, it's the Clap..."
(UB Infect-Control)

Lands - (22 Total)
10 Swamps
4 Inkmoth Nexus
4 Darkslick Shores
4 Drowned Catacombs

Creatures - (19 Total)
3 Thrummingbird
3 Ichorclaw Myr
3 Blighted Agent
4 Phyrexian Crusader
3 Hand of the Praetors
2 Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon

Planeswalkers - (4 Total)
2 Jace Beleren
2 Liliana Vess

Spells - (16 Total)
3 Preordain
3 Despise
4 Mana Leak
3 Tumble Magnet
3 Dismember

Deck #3 - "Anybody Remember 'Maximum Overdrive?'"
(Mono-Blue Artifact)

Lands - (22 Total)
18 Islands
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures - (25 Total)
3 Signal Pest
3 Vedalken Certarch
2 Steel Overseers
3 Snapsail Gliders
4 Etched Champion
3 Grand Architect
3 Phyrexian Metamorph
2 Steel Hellkite
2 Consecrated Sphinx

Spells - (13 Total)
3 Gitaxian Probe
4 Stoic Rebuttal
3 Semblance Anvil
3 Mirrorworks

>>>>>

So those are the options basically. Any and all feedback would be welcome. I know they're all lacking sideboards at the moment, which is due to the fact that I was not made privy to this info when I typed this post up. Also please note that some of the small numbers in regards to certain spells or creatures were simply because of an unavailability of that particular card. Anyhow, any and all wisdom to be shared is very welcome. Thankyou smile

Last edited by joshbird238 (2011-07-07 04:06:56)

Re: Need Ratings Best>Worst on These 3 Decks Plz

UB infect should do well.

also that white aggro, but i do not believe it has a constant match performance because of the random 1-offs.

Diverse thoughts. MTG and anything that crosses my mind. http://blog.scorpse.com
DCI MTG Level 2 Judge

I second that...
Also I would not play Liliana, I would rather play something like Tezzeret's Gambit

I'm beginning to lean toward an agreement on the whole sans-Liliana strategy...her 5 cast cost is prohibitive in the least, if not downright crippling in certain situations. I think I'll touch the deck up then a bit, drop that space-wasting mana-digger bimbo, and pick perhaps replace her with Feast/Famine+War/Peace? Or would guys recommend Preordain and/or Gitaxian Probe? Or possibly add on 4th Ichorclaw and Blighted Agent, respectively? Maybe even bump the Lands total up to the always-recommended 24 lands?

Also, have been kicking around the idea of going straight Black with the whole thing...anybody got a recommendation on that? And if so, where do I start replacing what I've dropped as well as shoring up the newly formed weaknesses presented by the absence of counters/card draws?

I would suggest somthing to beef up the blighted agents, bonehord or strata sythe. 1 hit from a 10/10 unblockable infect wins.

Or perhaps run a Lashwrithe or two. If you'd run deck #1, I'd probably try and run Quest for the Holy Relic in it and switch into some 0-cost artifact creatures so grab the right blade at the right time.