Topic: Trying to make Rafiq Exalted EDH Deck any ideas?

http://deckbox.org/sets/369664

This is what i have so far.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Trying to make Rafiq Exalted EDH Deck any ideas?

Some creatures i'd look into are
Akrasan Squire
Guardians of Akrasa
Knight of Glory
Qasali Pridemage
Rhox Charger
Sighted-Caste Sorcerer
Many of these add to your exalted effect in the lower end of your mana pool. If i were going to pull for one specifically it would be Rhox Charger because he's the ideal exalted target since he has trample.

If you have the funding I'd be tempted to toss in an Akroma, Angel of Wrath just because she is Ideal to attack alone. Assault Zeppelid, Bramblesnap if you throw in some token generators, or Ludevic's Test Subject or more accurately Ludevic's Abomination are also good choices for creatures to exalt

Failing those Bant Battlemage makes everything nasty, as does Brawn.

Your enchantments look good so far, you might look for some token generators to make the best use of Sublime Archangel's ability. None are particularly jumping to mind, apart from Commander's Authority but any token generator is bolstered by Doubling Season and Parallel Lives if you decide to follow that route.

http://deckbox.org/sets/291502

This is my Rafiq deck.  I do OK with it, but you're really putting a target on yourself when you play a general like this that can one-shot people.  I have never really felt like I wanted more exalted triggers off critters, it seems like there are a lot of things better than a single +1/+1 until end of turn.

I would definitely look into the double-color enchants from shadowmoor block, they're cheap and can be really useful when put on a multi-color creature like Rafiq.

You definitely want something fun stuff like Sovereigns of Lost Alara, Finest Hour, and Ardent Plea as well, they're all pretty cheap.

Last edited by Nighthawk (2013-05-01 19:03:22)

Bear Umbra, Celestial Mantle, Auramancer's Guise, Blessing of the Nephilim, Boar Umbra, Canopy Cover, Crab Umbra, Drake Umbra, Exoskeletal Armor, Felidar Umbra, Gaea's Embrace, Behemoth Sledge, Sword of Body and Mind, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Feast and Famine, Loxodon Warhammer, Stoneforge Mystic, Sword of Vengeance, Battlegrace Angel, Cathedral of War, Finest Hour, Giltspire Avenger, Sovereigns of Lost Alara, Ardent Plea just to name a few tongue

Edit: You should run at least 2 of the Umbras, Totem Armor is the shizzit!

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-05-01 19:12:28)

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

Thanks guys, im going to add those in (or at least to my wishlist lol)