Topic: [feature request] Inventory - Tradelist synchronize and 'Trade excess'

Would be nice to have a synchronize feature for inventory and trade lists. So if i would update the inventory over time, i could just press synch and get my trade list updated.

Also when i add cards from inventory to trade, i do this one by one. I;d like to just add them all to trade and then go to trade and change the quantity by hand instead of adding them one by one from inventory...but this is just me smile

Why not enforce the check if you have enough cards in your inventory to add in trade, it's just a warning right now. Wouldnt make sense to add cards to trade without having them in inventory. This way you can just add them from inventory and wont need the add in the trades screen. But i guess there;s a reason behind this smile

Cheers

Re: [feature request] Inventory - Tradelist synchronize and 'Trade excess'

alext wrote:

Would be nice to have a synchronize feature for inventory and trade lists. So if i would update the inventory over time, i could just press synch and get my trade list updated.

You mean something like: You have 2 Ponder in your Inventory and 2 in your tradelist; then you remove 1 Ponder from inventory, now you have 1 in Inventory, 2 in Tradelist; so you'd want the 'synchronize' button to remove 1 from your tradelist as well?

alext wrote:

Also when i add cards from inventory to trade, i do this one by one. I;d like to just add them all to trade and then go to trade and change the quantity by hand instead of adding them one by one from inventory...but this is just me smile

Hmm... might be better. I think I just thought it confortable to add 1 and then change it by hand to whatever the number is.
But you might have a point. I suppose in general there are 2 frequent use cases:
  1. You have X cards of some type and you don't need any of them, so Add all to tradelist makes sense.
  2. You have X cards of some type and you need 4 of them, so something like Add excess to tradelist makes sense. Sergiu also suggested something like the latter - a button that would add all cards that you have more than 4 of in your tradelist (smth like Trade excess, i think there's something similar in MTGO)

alext wrote:

Why not enforce the check if you have enough cards in your inventory to add in trade, it's just a warning right now. Wouldnt make sense to add cards to trade without having them in inventory. This way you can just add them from inventory and wont need the add in the trades screen. But i guess there;s a reason behind this smile

Yeah... this is a larger discussion. I went back and forth with this issue... and it's definitely on my "to think about this" list. I'll be reconsidering this while implementing the 'trade interface' feature.

Something like that, it's also related to the 2nd point, trade excess...being able to do these things for the entire list in one go. I know you could just develop this for one item and select multiples and do the eoperation for all but for larger lists it becomes a pain to check line by line inventory data against trade data, so just do all in a batch would help...The reason behind this is that i'm usualy lazy to do these things and i want to be done with them as soon as possible wink

Last edited by alext (2009-09-01 14:49:07)

I would like to sustain Alex's idea about the first point of his inquiries .

alext wrote:

For example: 1 have 1 Ponder in Inventory and 1 in Tradelist. When i take that Ponder out  from my inventory, i would like the "program" take it out from the Tradelist also. So basically a sync feature as he said.

http://pwp.wizards.com/9212457895/Scorecards/Landscape.png

2. You have X cards of some type and you need 4 of them, so something like Add excess to tradelist makes sense. Sergiu also suggested something like the latter - a button that would add all cards that you have more than 4 of in your tradelist (smth like Trade excess, i think there's something similar in MTGO)

This would be awesome.  It would greatly simplify my collecting.  Basically filter my inventory and then apply a simple if Count > Desire Count add to trade list.

Thanks
Silver