Topic: vent: people don't respond to trade requests

When I started investigating the trading possibilities this site offered, I was quite enthusiastic. It sounded like a great way to get cards I wanted without having to spend much extra money. So I started dutifully checking off cards for my wishlist and tradelist to get started on the whole thing. Two months later, I'm starting to get a little disillusioned with it. The vast majority of trades I've proposed just sit there generating absolutely no response. I understand if someone doesn't want to accept it for whatever reason, but I would think they would at least take the time to hit the "reject trade" button.

Re: vent: people don't respond to trade requests

I think part of it is that there is no indicator telling you if you get a trade offer.

Yes there is, if you enter a valid email address, deckbox notifies you of every trade proposal.

http://pwp.wizards.com/8213665292/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Well you should get one when someone modifies a trade too. Or why not just have an indicator on your profile?

You do get an email notification when someone modifies the trade by adding or removing cards and resubmitting it to the other party, accepting, or rejecting it. You don't (but I agree should also) get an email when someone posts a comment to a trade.

It would be very helpful to also show a visual indicator on the site's toolbar to notify the user that they have pending trades.

I think the bigger problem is how often people visit this site.  I personally use it all the time.  I love the inventory system and ive been playing with the deckbuilding aspects the past few days.  But not everyone is like me.  how many people entered in a bunch of cards and made a tradelist and then never logged in again?   Dont get frustrated, just realize that not everyone is active and keep trying.  eventually you will hit a trade

Good Luck,
Jeff

I would hope the email reminders would take care of that. :-) But it is surely possible that people just ignore them, or don't check their email, or have a fake email address registered with the site.

I was more surprised than frustrated, really. Only about 10% of trades I've proposed seem to generate any response (positive or negative). Hopefully as the site grows the hit percentage will increase.

Agreed, Keep at it:D  Ill check your trades too.  Im looking for lots of vintage/legacy/modern stuff.  Nothing on my tradelist atm, as im still entering inventory.  If you let me know what your looking for ill definatly see what we can do.

Cheers
Jeff

I am new to this site looking to start trading too. I have a large want and tradelist most vintage and legacy stuff. Hit me up.

What this site needs is a section that does the matching FOR YOU and then calculates the best trade based on the price balance of everything. Now THAT would be cool.

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101681338/Scorecards/Landscape.png

I am trading vintage for standard. Look at my lists. Thanks!

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101681338/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Fejjgw wrote:

Agreed, Keep at it:D  Ill check your trades too.  Im looking for lots of vintage/legacy/modern stuff.  Nothing on my tradelist atm, as im still entering inventory.  If you let me know what your looking for ill definatly see what we can do.

Cheers
Jeff

I know we don't have any overlap, but it seems like you'd be okay trading by mail. I just wanted to make you aware that your profile says you will only trade locally. So even if we did have some overlap I would probably have shied away from suggesting a trade because of that. Before I look at anything else, I see if the person has said they specifically only want to trade locally.