Topic: 2nd Louisville Regional :: June 1 - 12PM :: Something2Do

Come play at the 2nd Louisville Regional! I have word that several of the Indiana crew will be making their way back down for this one. We may beat our record of 14 participants!

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/e/e/e/600_229863822.jpeg

Compete for these prizes:
• 1 Regional Champion 2013 trophy
• 1 World Championship Weekend ticket
• 2 Regionals 2013 stoneware mugs
• 8 Full-color Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game playmats
• 16 sets of 6 double-sided Regionals exclusive Capital cards (96 cards total)
• 1 “Ruins prize” - Playmat or deck box from the FFG archives for the last place player
• A large 5’ x 2’ ‘Regional Championship 2013’ banner to be displayed at the venue

When:
Saturday, June 1 :: Registration begins at 12:00PM :: Tournament begins at 1:00PM

Where:
Something2Do - google directions
(In Oxmoor Mall next to Sears)
7900 Shelbyville Rd
Louisville, KY 40222
(502) 425-5257

Cost:
$15

RSVP on Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/626726264008389/

Last edited by kaine82 (2013-05-13 20:49:04)

Re: 2nd Louisville Regional :: June 1 - 12PM :: Something2Do

Well if everyone I've got a verbal confirmation shows up then we will have 17 people including 5 driving from Indianapolis. This is gearing up to be one of the biggest North American tournaments of the year. If you are on the fence don't miss out!

Congratulations to Robert Graves who just recently seriously bought into the game and dominated the 12 person Regional with his Chaos Brayherd deck!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/971095_10151633469149371_1570987182_n.jpg

We had hoped to get to 20 players at this event, but there were several last minute conflicts that came up for several players.

I know what you guys must be thinking, "What another Brayherd deck takes the win?!?" What can we say, in all card games there is a rock paper scissor component to match-ups and at least in this area, Brayherd reigns supreme.

Here is a tournament report by Adam Daulton:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12472807

Here are the lists:

1st place :: Robert Graves :: Chaos

Units: 39
3 x Daemon Prince
1 x Fledgling Chaos Spawn
3 x Blue Horrors
2 x Festering Nurglings
3 x Ghorgon
3 x Pink Horrors
3 x Savage Gors
3 x Swarm of Bats
3 x Ungor Raiders
3 x Warhounds
2 x Esli'an
2 x Khorvak Grimbreath
3 x Marauder Chieftain
2 x Savage Forsaken
3 x Sorcerer of Tzeentch

Tactics: 12
3 x Seduced by Darkness
3 x Plague Bomb
3 x Call the Brayherd

Supports: 4
1 x Northern Wastes
3 x Desecrated Temple

|---------- The Rest of the Top 4 ----------|

2nd :: Matt RoBear :: Orcs
3rd :: Adam Daulton :: Orcs
4th :: Brian Chellgren :: Dwarves

No offense guys, but looking at the winning deck not you keep a high level. After all, the tournament was certainly successful for you, and at this point. Keep it up wink

I'm not 100% clear on what you are saying.

If you plan on doing regionals next year you may even get some of us from Atlanta.  I am working on getting a decent playgroup going down here in the Alpharetta area, and if we all can have our decks ready by then we may just be able to make it up.  It is between 6-7 hours for us which is quite a drive, but I drive that every time we go to Florida.  It is just the other members of our playgroup that need convincing.  Right now we are about 5 with another couple people on the fence about how seriously they want to invest in this game.  I will keep you posted as time gets closer how things are coming.

We are definitely going to have Regionals again next year! If you came up with another 5 guys the numbers at the next Louisville Regional would rival Nationals and Worlds!

Definitely contact me as 2014 Regional season approaches and maybe we can arrange sleeping accommodations at one of or houses.