Topic: Card not found...?

I'm new to deckbox and am getting started adding my inventory.  I came to the card Phrexian Obliterator and it gives me an error that the card is not found.  I can't seem to find it to add it.  I know it's a fairly new card, is it just not added yet?  is there anything I can do or am I just missing it?

Re: Card not found...?

it's there, you just mispelled it smile
http://deckbox.org/mtg/Phyrexian%20Obliterator

Wow... OK, I'm a dumb***.   lol  For the record, I'm doing this from work out of memory.:/

you were just missing a 'y'. guess you need to be a little more philosophical... wink

OK, another question.  I have 2 Myr Superion, 1 is Foil & Textless, the other is normal.  I clicked the little red arrow to edit card details and made the appropriate changes.  Where do I view these changes?  It doesn't appear to have changed anything.

there should be an icon next to the card name in your inventory--click on that icon and it should give you an edit details popup for all instances of that card

I did that.  I made my card a Foil.  But where does it show that this card is a foil?  When I'm looking through my cards to see what I want to trade, how do I know which cards are foil?  I dont see any indicator that I made this change.

seraphemme wrote:

I did that.  I made my card a Foil.  But where does it show that this card is a foil?  When I'm looking through my cards to see what I want to trade, how do I know which cards are foil?  I dont see any indicator that I made this change.

When you view your inventory, it will display those special icons (foil, textless, promo) on the right-hand side of the name column next to the the edition icons you have set. So for instance, here is what is displayed for a foil Blatant Thievery: http://deckbox.org/sets/36471?f=17YmxhdGFudA** . The "color wheel" icon means foil. Another example at http://deckbox.org/sets/36471?f=17Z2hvdWxz shows the "blue block" icon which means textless.

The user can see further breakdowns of which cards are exactly which edition or have which special flags assigned, but only by going to the card details screen. Other users cannot see anything except the overview that identifies that some # of that card have been set with that flag or edition.

There is no built-in support for identifying specific editions or flags during trading. You'd have to mention it to the other person and work something out.

OK, I click the arrow, edit card details and choose "foil".  But I can't get it to stay.  It doesn't save.  Whether I hit the "edit" button at the bottom or the "close", still nothing happens.  No icons appear, nothing.  I know it's got to be something small I'm missing, but I just can't figure this out... help?

Did you set the edition, too? When I just select the flags and leave the edition blank it does not appear to save the flags.

In regards to not finding cards, are you going to add the Token cards from Innistrad (and/or other sets) to the listing of cards?  Yes, I know they would not be able to be added to a deck, as such, but I would like to be able to track how many copies I have of which ones.  Of course, to make that actually work you'd also have to allow specifying which of alternative art cards we have, possibly by collector number.  That would also be nice for other sets where the 'same' card can have two, three, or even four different pictures on differently numbered cards.

Other than the above quibble, I am liking this site.  It is easier to figure out than many other similar places.  Can you tell I've been trying several lately?  Anyway, thanks in advance for considering the above, should you do so.

I found this week while inventory-ing our huge collection, that there are some things missing:

- tokens would definitely be a request!
- Vanguards (I saw just now in a previous forum post that this may have been added in the past, so I'll try again)
eta: yeah, can't find the Vanguards
- the DCI promo schemes and planes don't all work

Last edited by Leash (2012-02-20 00:08:40)

Also, the Holiday cards (such as Yule Ooze) are missing.

I agree that adding tokens would be great.

A suggestion for the issue of your card not coming up is to type it into "import a single card". It'll make suggestions for you for when you make typos that won't come up when adding multiple cards.

I also discovered the difficulty of finding ____ from Unhinged (the shapeshifter without a name). I eventually had to look up the entire set in the database and sort by name to find it because the lack of a name causes issues in the database it seems...

Adding tokens would be pretty cool.
But I was looking to put together some of the decks from the Duels of the Plainswalkers set.
Just to see what they looked like.

Sorin has a Scheme that does not exist on the site: Plots That Span Centuries
http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/daily/arcana/plots_that_span_centuries.jpg

Can this be added to the site?