Topic: Alphastrike Invitational 2 - Twice the Power, Twice the Fun

As victor of the inaugural Alphastrike Invitational it is my duty to host the next invitational, which will dubed the Alphastrike Invitational 2. The original was very successful and I look to build upon that success with good food and great company. I will even try to throw in some good magic gamery. Over the next few weeks I will be updating this with more information on the formats as there will be some "teamwork" that may be involved. So keep an eye out for the updates. I will also be sending emails out as well in conjuction with updates to this post. I look forward to this next invitational and the many that will follow

Date and Time

Saturday November 1st @ 5:00 p.m

Post's attachments

red with background.jpg 165.29 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Alphastrike Invitational 2 - Twice the Power, Twice the Fun

Can I use this forum to officially express that I'd still like to see you play?  I know you keep saying you want this to be for others only, but toppling you is my ultimate goal here. smile

I will play this time as well. I will give you yet another shot at the throne.

I think the formats I have planned this time won't be like the draft where if I did it the way I really wanted to build the packs I would have a major unfair advantage. But like I said, the way this should shake out I shouldn't have any advantages coming into the tourney.

I'm in cool

Alex, after some poking around, it seems like buttons are probably cheaper, easier, and more readily available than patches.  There are a couple of reputable sites that make really cool buttons for a good price (some of them even sell custom orders starting at a single button).  These could easily match the buttons Wizards has been doing, which might be cool.

On the bag front, I've had a hard time finding a courier type bag that seems sturdy that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  But, perhaps the more militarily/tactically inclined among us know more about that sort of thing.

I can't wait.

Needs more information. wink

Well I did receive a custom patch from a cheap site and it turned out, well, cheap. So since I have a winner that I now have to get something to I am probably leaning towards the button,since it will actually look good and not poorly printed. But I kind of want this to be for every invitational so once Bill gets his invitational rolling I am going to have him name it and if he has a logo in mind get that from him and get buttons made for mine and Bill's. That's the thought right now.

Cool, I will send you a design.
I have ideas for formats and I might take Tommy up on his offer for hosting
My place is somewhat cramped for something this big, and it will be big!