Topic: Cheap deck advice plz

[[the-10lb-monster]]

Please help me improve my deck. 

Only catch is that the cost cant exceed £10, excluding lands, and going by the prices on the main trading sites.

Thanksyou smile

PS. Sorry i dont know how to link it directly

Last edited by cwismif (2014-11-15 23:13:51)

Re: Cheap deck advice plz

It's pretty good, on the whole. One thing I'd change, though, is add a few more instants, like perhaps Mortal's Ardor or something like that. Just so that you aren't totally dependent on creatures.

Also, if you are playing at a casual level, this deck plays very nicely and fits your budget. If you want to stick to a mono-white strategy, though, your deck looks pretty nice, though it could possibly use a secondary win condition. (Of course, there is no need to plan for that in most casual play.)

Cheers and best of luck with your budget deck!

Nice - tyvm.

What cards to you recommend I discard in place for the instants?  I'm finding that I'm not using the Apsotles Blessing all that much, neither the Guardian Seraph nor  the Vorrac battlehorns...

I'll look into that deck you suggested!

Keep the Guardian Seraphs. They help prevent green giant beasts from rampaging all over you. But as for the equipment, it could probably go. And since it seems to have been put in to give the Kor Duelists doublestrike, we may want to take out the duelists and replace them with a nice Heroic trigger, such as Akroan Skyguard or Fabled Hero. These make for very nice targets for instants and sorceries such as Mortal's Ardor or Ajani's Presence.

Don't know if you have a plan here (being it flavor or something).

I adapted a deck i own, so it fits your budget.

Heroes

4 Favored Hoplite
4 Lagonna-Band Trailblazer
4 Akroan Skyguard
4 Phalanx Leader
4 Vanguard of Brimaz
4 Abzan Falconer

4 Ajani's Presence
4 Defiant Strike
4 Gods Willing
4 Feat of Resistance

20 Plains

This is a standard version. You can look probably into more interesting spells in modern.

It's fun to play, resilient and versatile (use gods willing/feat of resistance to protect from damage/bounce and ajani's presence against board wipes).

The star of the company is obviously Phalanx Leader, any spell you target him with grants counters to all your other creatures.

Then you have Abzan Falconer to get them all airborne.

Maybe this is lacking some spells that target two or more creatures at a time like Dauntless Onslaught so you can, for instance, targe Vanguard of Brimaz, make a cat soldier and then place a counter on him from the Phalanx Leader (you can decide to put Vanguard's ability resolving on the stack before Phalanx's).

Last edited by poolshark (2014-11-19 13:33:47)