Topic: Shocklands...what about Bolt land(s)?

So we have the Shocklands (Hallowed Fountain, Blood Crypt, Breeding Pool etc) that deal 2 damage and tap for 2 colors. What do people think would be the playability of lands that deal 3 damage and taps for 3 colors and call em Bolt lands? Or what about a 5 color bolt land?

As a big EDH player I would love something like this, especially the 5c one.

Tell me your thoughts!

Re: Shocklands...what about Bolt land(s)?

The biggest payoff for the shocks was that they were basic land types in addition to being able to tap for either.

Now, that being said, I wouldn't rule some sort of tri-land like that out for years off in the future, but I certainly don't see it anytime in the forseeable future.

Of course to be playable in modern they would have to have the basic land types, though it doesn't seem like wotc would put 3 basic land types on 1 card. I would definitely play them in edh even without the basic land types.

4 damage for a fetch "bolt land" ouch... i might run one in a deck but life does matter... watching some legacy over the weekend, i saw people do upwards of 10 damage to themselves just fetching, force of willing and using gitaxian probe

it might be better in edh, but you'd have to be careful playing them.

Id love them but honestly I think the current tri lands are best were going to get. If anything were more likely to get a  "Murmuring Bosk" Cycle.

elpablo wrote:

4 damage for a fetch "bolt land" ouch... i might run one in a deck but life does matter... watching some legacy over the weekend, i saw people do upwards of 10 damage to themselves just fetching, force of willing and using gitaxian probe

it might be better in edh, but you'd have to be careful playing them.

You could always bring them in tapped if you couldn't spare the life.