Topic: Zurgo - help wanted!

Here is my zurgo list: https://deckbox.org/sets/805883

I need to cut a few cards, but I'm having a hard time (as usual), since there are so many cards that I want to include.  I don't care if this is the most competitive deck ever; I'm more interested in building something that has a good chance of doing the following:
Attack a lot (e.g., aurelia)
make other people attack a lot (e.g., fumiko)
make sure the outcome of combat is in my favor (e.g., odric)
There are minor subthemes, like indestructible creatures plus jokulhaups, etc.

EDH can be kind of stalemate-y, and I'm hoping this deck can force a 5-player game to stay active and interesting.  All advice is appreciated - tell me if you think the curve stinks, if I have too many enchantments, whatever. 

thanks!

Re: Zurgo - help wanted!

I think this is a real cool deck idea. Should make for some very fun EDH games, especially in large multiplayers. If you are looking for a few cards to cut, I'd start with the Signets Orim's thunder and Burnished Heart. Good luck hope it works out for you.

Thanks!  I gave it some thought, and I cut all of those but boros signet.  It was hard to cut those, especially burnished hart (which I just want to put in every commander deck).  I had grand plans for burnished hart as a post-armageddon strategy, but I wasn't thinking clearly - how would I activate it post wipe?  I'll see if the deck feels like it has enough accel, or a low enough curve - but the signets will have to earn a place back in.

I've gotten it down to 100 now, but any comments are still welcome - thanks!

A friend of mine has a Zurgo deck that runs alot of the double damage things to help speed the game along. Im refering to things like Dictate of the Twin Gods, Furnace of Rath, and Gisela etc. This way your getting the most from your attacks (although YOU will be a target then lol)

Also I would run more things that protect Zurgo and maybe a few less weiny creatures. things like Swiftfoot boots and Lightning Greaves. The haste given by them doesnt matter since Zurgo already has it, but being untargetable it critical in a deck wants to win by punching face and given how my Jor kadeen deck plays, not having boots or greaves and just being shut down by a Maze of ith or getting swords or path'd to attacking SUUUUCKKKSSS.

Also Limited Resources is banned in Commander (and your a cruel indivdual for wanting to play it lol). But a good suggestion that I think would work better for you is Invasion Plans and/or Master Warcraft.

Great points Helios. And since he already has haste, whispersilk cloak may be a good equipment choice to protect him.

Great ideas, everyone.  I think I will add furnace of rath and invasion plans, as well as whispersilk cloak.  Dictate is in already, but more sounds good.  I'll have to see if the three red of furnace is a problem in practice.  (I don't have a master warcraft or gisela, and I think I've traded enough for this deck so far). 

I know limited resources is banned wink  I ignore the banned list, because this is pretty casual for me.  What I really want is another armageddon, but not the million dollar version from P3K.  I might replace limited resources with catastrophe, though, since I really don't want to leave players with _any_ lands.

I'll take the weenies into consideration.  I'd like to be able to play stuff for the first few turns, then armageddon if possible, so curve is important.  But there's no point in playing irrelevant creatures just to play something.

No Mercy and goblin diplomats seems good for what you are trying to do

No mercy is great, but i've got nothing to trade for one right now.  Goblin diplomats is going on my wishlist, though - thanks for pointing that one out to me.