Topic: Discrepancies when searching for trades with specific cards

Depending on how you search for trades with a specific card, you get a differing amount of results.

If you do a card search for deflecting palm, then click "find users who need it", you are linked to (https://deckbox.org/trading_opportuniti … #wid=14644). If you go to "trading opportunities" and apply a filter for "wishlist has deflecting palm", you get a different number of results. For me, the 1st method returns 25 people, the 2nd method returns 5.

Last edited by anoda9 (2014-11-27 17:14:53)

Re: Discrepancies when searching for trades with specific cards

+1, can reproduce

I think the difference here is whether it's searching with the edition set or not. The former method searches without edition (even though it appears to have the edition set... this should be fixed) and the latter searches with the edition set so only finds traders that have set the edition for that card on their list. This makes sense as you may only want to search on that specific edition. It would be nice if it ignores the edition if there's only one edition of that specific card.

Personally I always search WITHOUT the edition set.

d72B wrote:

+1, can reproduce

I have noticed this as well.  Doing the same thing for finding users with this card on their tradelist.
http://deckbox.org/trading_opportunitie … #tid=14537

When I bring that up, it appears correct and shows thirteen to eighteen results (it actually varies so that's weird).  Looking at most of them though is pointless as most of them don't actually have the card I want.  If I hit 'apply filter' after loading the page, it drops from thirteen results to just one.  Since I do want the specific edition, so it gives me false hope.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-11-28 15:18:32)

Another related issue: searching for people who want the non-foil version of a specific card will return users who only want the foil version of the card, and vice versa. This isn't very helpful, as it's usually not what you or the other person are looking for.