Topic: Bug: Sort By Edition

Sorting by edition only displays results in one order - does not change despite arrow direction.

Screenshots: Ascending Descencing

Last edited by crystallized (2014-12-20 19:57:35)

Re: Bug: Sort By Edition

Works just fine for me. It looks like that sort only included 44 cards. Is it possible they're all from M11?

What I don't like is when you sort by edition, they are no longer in a logical order.  It used to sort by set, then alphabetical, but now the secondary order seems random.

gumgodMTG wrote:

What I don't like is when you sort by edition, they are no longer in a logical order.  It used to sort by set, then alphabetical, but now the secondary order seems random.

It looks as though the previous sort was by color, descending. Though if it is as you say and the secondary sort is currently random, that is something that should be mentioned to sebi. Imo it should remember the previous sort and use that as the secondary.

After looking at it again, it may be sorting by rarity then color, with commons showing up first sorted by color, then uncommons sorted by color, then rares sorted by color.  As I was noticing 'chunks' of a color within a set, but not a complete color sort.   If it sorted by color, then alphabetical that would be fine also, but as it is, it makes it a bit odd looking at a visual spoiler. 

This rarity sort becomes more obvious when looking at it in list view.  I often use the spoiler mode view.  It would be easier for me to skim over the set looking for a card that way than it would be to remember what rarity it was printed at.  It would make the visual spoiler mode more logical to me as I'm browsing.  In fact it would just be nice to be able to define the secondary sort.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-12-22 14:08:56)