Topic: misleading prices

This is just some feedback on part of the db schema of the site. Choosing to have each card represented as one object does tend to lead to misleading prices when prices between editions can vary greatly. Each time I sort my cards by price, I do a double take on some cards before realizing that it's really worth just pennies because it's from Chronicles instead of Legends (for example).

I'm sure it would be a lot of work, but storing prices with each card's edition information would be a nice feature.

Re: misleading prices

Differentiating price by edition is soooo needed here.  One other thing that would be nice is an importer that could import thousands of cards and the editions they are from at the same time.  I have an excel file with my entire collection in it with edition information included but i have no way to easily import that to this site.

Seconding this as well.

Last edited by 1awesomeguy (2011-09-28 09:51:16)

Thirding. smile

I concur.

Also, I've noticed that there are several high-value card's being listed as worth $0.00, but when you click on them, the data is on TCGplayer.

TheLastDisease wrote:

Also, I've noticed that there are several high-value card's being listed as worth $0.00, but when you click on them, the data is on TCGplayer.

Ditto. The total value of my collection is incredibly off because of this issue.

I completely agree with all of the above.  I have lots of foil cards and because this site only treats all cards as one price based on name of card and not on set or foil, the $ of my collection is very misleading.  We should all continue to ask the developers of this site to differentiate the prices of cards based on set and foil and maybe even promo.  Please, please update soon.  thank you