Topic: A Few Ideas

I joined today and built my inventory around the game of Magic, which took a relatively short amount of time. I'm fairly new to Magic but I have been catching onto the card game quickly. I'm using multiple websites for deck and inventory building. The features I am going to list below I could not find or the site simply didn't have. So far these are my ideas for improvement, a little constructive criticism, based on other sites I've used:

• 1. Add some color or background to the site, leave nothing white unless it's part of design.
    2. Add foils and foil pricing. I have a number of foil cards that I had to add as normal cards. (TCGplayer.com)
    3. Add security to your decks, making them private, unlisted, public, or password protected. (MTGvault.com)
    4. Create a rating or popularity system. (MTGvault.com and TCGplayer.com)
    5. Account settings and privacy.
    6. Passwords before trading.

Last edited by SLYLIKE (2015-01-22 19:53:46)

Re: A Few Ideas

1. Alittle color couldnt hurt I suppose.
2. Adding foils can be done and the price is adjusted accordingly. When you go to Import -> Card and the "Name of the card to add" Box pops up, you add the card via the Auto-Populate. Then if you notice after it adds the card, there are few grayed out icons next to the next boxes that have the total number of cards that are for condition, language and Details. If drop down the menu for "details" (the gear) there are other features you can add to better describe the card such as foil, promo misprint etc. You can also look at you inventory list and there is another grayed out icon next to the price that allows you to make changes to the card as well instead of not add it.

3&5. Already possible. On a Deck that you are in, at the top right of the page, There is a link for "Edit". Open that up and you can add password to your deck. Alternatively you can also set your inventory to have a password by Clicking on the Inventory and on the top right under "Tools" you set the inventory to private. Your inventory and tradelist are seperate entities so unless everything you list in your inventory is for trade, You'll need to populate the tradelist so people can match what wants they have to what you have for trade.

4. Not sure what this would achieve as the feedback system already does this based on your successful trade score.
6. Not really sure what this means so I think I would need more information to elborate.