Topic: Equipment wonderings

so, i added kusari-gama and loxodon warhammer in my bushido deck, along with fumiko the lowblood and a assortment of other samurai creatures.

my question is, if i combine the three, have two other creatures out(1,1 and 1,1), my opponent four(2:2, 2:2, 4:2 and a 1:1), and attack with them, how much life would i get, and how much would he lose if he blocks fumiko with the 4:4, and the two others with the 2:2?

fumiko would be

3:2 + 3:0 from the hammer, plus trample and i get life for each point of damage it does + 3:3 for the three attacking creatures in bushido bonus + deals damage to all other creatures that player controls thanks to kusari gama.

= 9:5

this would kill the 4:4, giving me 4 life, and dealing 5 damage to my opponent, giving me 5 life points
first question... do the 2:2 kill my 1:1's before Fumiko kills them?

second question... do the trample effect travel with the effect

if they don't kill them and the trample effect goes with them:

my two 1:1 continues on to do 2 damage to my opponent
that means i deal 2 damage to each of them, giving me 4 life, and i do 14 damage to my opponent, giving me 14 life points
or if the trample doesn't go with it:

only two damage to each, giving me four life

third question.... if the do kill them before the effect of fumiko kills them, do i damage to them in their combat phase?
meaning that they only have: 2:2, - minus 1 point from blocking my attackers, so 2:1, so fumiko only deals 1 damage to them each, giving me two life, and with the trample still there, 16 damage to my opponent,and 16 life to me
or if the trample effect doesn't go with them, only 1 damage to each giving me 2 life point.

in effect:

they kill my 1:1 before fumiko's effect kills them:

without trample: they die, i gain 2 life
with trample: they die, i gain 18 life, my opponent loses 16

they dont kill them:

without trample: they die, i gain 2 life, my opponent loses 2 points
with trample: they die, i gain 18, my opponent loses 16

And fourth and final question, is this even legal?

Last edited by Roninlevel (2011-10-02 20:50:28)

Re: Equipment wonderings

Roninlevel wrote:

so, i added kusari-gama and loxodon warhammer in my bushido deck, along with fumiko the lowblood and a assortment of other samurai creatures.

my question is, if i combine the three, have two other creatures out(1,1 and 1,1), my opponent four(2:2, 2:2, 4:2 and a 1:1), and attack with them, how much life would i get, and how much would he lose if he blocks fumiko with the 4:4, and the two others with the 2:2?

fumiko would be

3:2 + 3:0 from the hammer, plus trample and i get life for each point of damage it does + 3:3 for the three attacking creatures in bushido bonus + deals damage to all other creatures that player controls thanks to kusari gama.

= 9:5

this would kill the 4:4, giving me 4 life, and dealing 5 damage to my opponent, giving me 5 life points
first question... do the 2:2 kill my 1:1's before Fumiko kills them?

All combat damage happens at the same time (assuming first/double strike is not part of the equation). Your 1/1s will do their 1 point of damage at the same time as Fumiko doing 9 points of damage at the same time as the opponent's 2/2s do their 2 points of damage to the 1/1s.

Roninlevel wrote:

second question... do the trample effect travel with the effect

if they don't kill them and the trample effect goes with them:

that means i deal 2 damage to each of them, giving me 4 life, and i do 14 damage to my opponent, giving me 14 life points
or if the trample doesn't go with it:

only two damage to each, giving me four life

third question.... if the do kill them before the effect of fumiko kills them, do i damage to them in their combat phase?
meaning that they only have: 2:2, - minus 1 point from blocking my attackers, so 2:1, so fumiko only deals 1 damage to them each, giving me two life, and with the trample still there, 16 damage to my opponent,and 16 life to me
or if the trample effect doesn't go with them, only 1 damage to each giving me 2 life point.

in effect:

they kill my 1:1 before fumiko's effect kills them:

without trample: they die, i gain 2 life
with trample: they die, i gain 18 life, my opponent loses 16

they dont kill them:

without trample: they die, i gain 2 life, my opponent loses 2 points
with trample: they die, i gain 18, my opponent loses 16

And fourth and final question, is this even legal?

Neither trample nor lifelink travels with the damage dealt by the Kusari-Gama. The equipment states that when the equipped creature does damage to a blocker, the equipment also does some more damage, not the creature. If it were instead worded that the equipped creature did the damage, then lifelink would apply but trample would not. Lifelink is relevant for all damage dealt by a creature. Trample is relevant only to combat damage it deals.

The end result will be all creatures other than Fumiko will be killed, she will survive for the rest of your turn with 4 points of damage dealt to her, and you will gain 9 life. If the equipment said the equipped creature dealt the damage, everything but her would still die and you would gain 36 life (9 from combat to the 4/2 and 27 from the resulting triggered damage to the other 3 creatures).

thanks a lot smile i was giving up hope to figure that one out

paypracer is mostly right, except for this part:

If the equipment said the equipped creature dealt the damage, everything but her would still die and you would gain 36 life (9 from combat to the 4/2 and 27 from the resulting triggered damage to the other 3 creatures).

..because the life you gain would depend on how much damage you assign to the blocking creature.
Because of trample you must assign lethal damage (if the 9/5 is blocked by 4/4 then = 4) to the blocker(s) then you CAN assign the rest to the player. But Kusari-Gama states that the damage done to the other creatures is equal to the damage done to the blocking creature (in this case 4)... so you would gain 9+3x4
If you want to gain more, you can assign the whole amount to the creature (9) but then you would not deal any damage to your opponent. Of course all this in the hypothetical situation in which Kusari-gama would state that your creature does the damage, thus making lifelink count.