Topic: Site Won't Recognize CSV File [RESOLVED]

Hello,

I am trying to upload a CSV file and keep getting a "Error: The server encountered a problem trying to import your file. Please check that it is a plaintext csv file and try again." response.  I have sent in a Support request, but if anyone wants to take a look and possibly help me out a bit sooner, I could offer you 639 appreciations and 284 gratitudes as payment.  big_smile

Last edited by shrewder (2015-02-02 05:40:51)

Post's attachments

upload.csv 20.89 kb, 7 downloads since 2015-02-01 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Site Won't Recognize CSV File [RESOLVED]

Is there a known issue with Fool's Demise?  Or maybe with apostrophes?  (I didn't have time to test the latter)

Attached below are three files:

1. Working upload of a single card where there is a line break between the header row and the card row
2. Non-working upload of Fool's Demise where there is a line break between the header row and the card row
3. Working upload of Fool's Demise where there is no line-break between the header row and the card row

Post's attachments

upload.csv 189 b, 2 downloads since 2015-02-02 

Upload #2 from above

Post's attachments

fool_notWorking.csv 203 b, file has never been downloaded. 

Upload #3 from above

Post's attachments

fool_working.csv 201 b, 4 downloads since 2015-02-02 

it is more complicated than that, I should have something in about 5 minutes.
Edit: I have to go do other things, I'll finish up later.

Last edited by Chaim (2015-02-02 02:27:16)

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

Chaim wrote:

it is more complicated than that, I should have something in about 5 minutes.
Edit: I have to go do other things, I'll finish up later.

Thanks for checking.  I did find an issue with an apostrophe in Fool's Demise and few others.  Once I corrected those, other items started popping up.
One card name was conjoined (Fathom SeerWillbender).
There was a missing comma from Vraska's line at the end of the file.
Faerie Imposter had a problem with its name, but for the life of me, I'm not sure what it was.  I replaced it with the name generated by DeckBox and it worked.

At the moment, I'm down to the Jace vs. Vraska cards at the end of the file.  Everything before that has loaded.

Changed all of the 'Æ' to ae and that wrapped up the fixes.  Everything is loaded now.
(I was also wrong about Vraska having too few commas)

At this point, I guess I'd prefer to ask for tips and tricks on making sure everything runs smoother next time.
I'm particularly interested in identifying issues like that apostrophe-that's-not-an-apostrophe a little easier.

I did the exact same things as you did. As for the apostrophes there is the ordinary one and the fancy pair.

' vs ‘ and ’

what you want is the ordinary (straight) one, what it was was the close/fancy-apostrophe one.

also, the encoding got messed up (don't use excel).

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

Yep, I definitely used Excel.

Thanks for the tips!