Topic: Budget Standard events

Dear Le&Le Games magic players,

For a while now i've been getting complaints that the Standard events are ruled by value more than skill. Its a common thing in the Standard format, that not everyone is able to acquire the good expensive cards as soon as they wish, or not being able to afford it at all.

There's a simple solution for this. (Re)Introducing the Budget Standard events!
This means that you will have to present at the beginning of the event, that the deck you are planning to play with does not exceed a certain value. This value can be set on for example: 50, 65, 75 or 100 Dollars.

I would like to propose to give this a shot, starting with the Standard event scheduled on April 3rd.

But its possible to replace the Commander event on March 20th (prior to the Pre-Releases) with a Standard Budget event. Please vote the Poll and leave your reply on the forum, spit out your thoughts on when, how often and the value limits.

Cheers! cool

Last edited by rado (2015-03-03 20:00:31)

Re: Budget Standard events

I think the budget standard is a good idea for the reasons you mentioned and also it would be a change in the metagame and we would get to play with rares that have interesting effects but are not suitable for standard. That being said I think is a better alternative then pauper for budget play MTG. For it to be a really different thing I think is necessary to go as low as possible 50 maybe even 30 dollars.
About how often to play this format i don`t know what to say. There are a lot of interesting formats but Standard Modern Legacy and Draft  are still the main ones and they should be played more often then others. I think that we should have a 2 of each in a row so you can improve your deck and play style let`s say 2 standard events and 2 modern events per month and seek in a draft or a fun event like 2HG Budget Pauper EDH Sealed Pack Wars Block Constructed Cubedraft etc. But i think a better time for the fun events is saturday or sunday after Legacy That way we can play competitive on FNM`s and have tons of fun trying out the crazyest formats in the weekend big_smile

So far most votes for March 20th! If the value preferences are spread, i'd propose to find the middle way like an avarage.
We'll give it a shot and can change the value after the first try-out.

Also you forgot that exist Block Constructed. but limit to buget is a good idea and LeLe will support it with higher XP pool for participants. Any budget participants will get x5 multiplier on subscription, not x3.

http://pwp.wizards.com/8213665314/Scorecards/Landscape.png

We didn't forget about Block Constructed wink It's just not requested by players. Everything is possible, so if mentioning this now would bring people on ideas let us know and we make it happen!

Too lazy to Google: $XX is with, or without the sideboard?

lostcause wrote:

Too lazy to Google: $XX is with, or without the sideboard?

sideboard included