Topic: need opinions on my deck list

Hey all, just wondering if i could hear some feedback about my decks i have posted, would appreciate it and also would return the favor, thanks!

Re: need opinions on my deck list

I am sure the Deckbox community would be happy to provide insight on the decks you've posted.  It could just be me but I don't see any decks here or even a recent thread created by this username.  Will you post your decks again so we're all on the same page and have a common thread to work in?

I think he means the decks on his deckbox profile (http://deckbox.org/users/loyn88) - he has 2 standard decks built. I'd contribute some opinions, but as I've not played Standard in a year, I'll let other more competent folk to chime in big_smile.

My take on your ivisi-blade deck is that it's pretty solid but you may want to consider dropping Ponder altogether as well as a copy of Think Twice in order to make room for 3 Gitaxian Probes and 2 Timely Reinforcements.  Also, if in play-testing you seem to have problems with Liliana of the Veil I would find room for some Blade Splicers.

I'm not very familiar with the Puresteel builds in the new Innistrad world but I've heard that the deck likely needs a full set of Mentor of the Meeks to be effective.

I would drop Divine Reckoning and replace them with other 2 copies of DOJ.
Also remove the DR from the side and add another copy of Timely Reinforcements. (You don't need more than 4 board reset spells in a game even if you play against token generating Decks... And you can be sure you'll draw them reliably  with think twice and ponder )

Also i would be inclined to add at least 2 more copies of Dissipate maybe moving Dismember to side and removing 2 purges from the side or 2 missteps.

But then again i'm mainly an agrro player big_smile

I failed to mention in my previous post that the reason I think Ponder should be removed is that without shuffle effects it's really not that great of a draw engine, especially in multiples.  Gitaxian Probe will get you a card just like Ponder does but instead of potentially stacking 2 cards on your library you can use the probe to see what you need to counter AND reduce your life total to maximize Timely Reinforcements.