Topic: rhys the redeemed edh

any suggestions how to improve the deck on a budget?
(no geia's cradle or Savannah )
https://deckbox.org/sets/781035

Last edited by 59700999 (2015-04-07 01:39:11)

Re: rhys the redeemed edh

You only have 20 ways to generate tokens but your general really needs you to have more options for tokens to get the most bang for your buck.  Moreover, you want token generators that don't actually cost you anything more, saving your mana to further advance your board.  I'd suggest things like Mycoloth, Verdant Force, and really ANY of the Elspeths (Elspeth, Sun's Champion likely would be best and should be affordable given the duel deck). 

A few other cards that you would want to consider include: Beastmaster Ascension, Parallel Lives, Parallel Evolution, and Shamanic Revelation.

Thank you for the replay!
good points i think i will put in mycoloth, verdant force is to much mana for me, elspeth will work great thanks for suggesting it!
i think i will add parallel lives instead of primal vigor it cost less mana and will work only for me.
thank you again

Glad to hear these helped.  Keep in mind that as EDH games typically go long, a CMC of 7 or 8 really isn't a big deal, especially with the number of mana dorks you have.  Also note that Verdant makes a saproling EVERY upkeep, not just in yours.