Topic: Implementing Sealed/Complete Product

I wanted to take a minute to type this out before I forgot. Willing to bet it's been discussed or that the DB team is already moving forward with it. If not, I was hoping to brainstorm with other users a bit on an implementation for sealed/complete product.

I include "complete" because there are things like the Duel Decks, Commander Decks, the Beatdown box set, From the Vault boxes, etc that people may have complete but not sealed. I think it would be reasonable to be able to inventory and trade those as a unit rather than inventorying and trading them as individual cards.

I believe that we could track sealed products by UPC (we can use it as the UID for the record), under a separate Edition/Set category - call it "Sealed Product" or whatever. We can scrape data from sites like UPC Item DB, etc. For instance, here are the UPC values for the sealed M15 product (even things like pre-release packs):

• M15 Deckbuilder's Toolkit 653569898283

• M15 Sealed Booster Box 653569898047

• M15 Clash Pack 653569898313

• M15 Booster Pack 53569898038

• M15 Fat Pack 653569902522

• M15 Prerelease Kit - Black 653569964803

As for tracking attributes, the current card condition system would work but we can probably adapt the book condition system from eBay/Amazon:

1. Excellent - No visible signs of wear on packaging or contents/all cards NM or better

2. Very Good - Minor shelf wear on packaging or contents/some cards are LP

3. Acceptable - Significant wear on packaging or contents/some cards are HP

4. Damaged - Packaging or contents torn or damaged/some cards are Poor condition

Also, we may need some additional flags (like how we track autographed/altered/foil/etc):

1. Opened - WOTC Factory seal(s) no longer intact

2. Missing Cards - May be missing varying numbers of cards, but intact enough to be considered by owner a "unit"

3. Missing Packaging - Original packaging missing or no longer complete

4. Missing Inserts/Accessories - Missing insert booklets, posters, spindowns, etc

I would expect that we can have products that are partially complete, and if involved in a sale or trade, the parties can discuss the degree of completeness (such as missing the oversized card for a Commander Deck).

Thoughts?

Re: Implementing Sealed/Complete Product

This would be nice.

+1

I think that this is an interesting idea.

I have a problem with the missing cards flag you suggested, I think that it would be too easy to become "He said it would include this, but it didn't." and to get hung up on exactly what he meant when he said something, as there is not a clear list of cards and conditions.

What might work instead of that is the ability to group cards as one item for sale/trade.

Just my two copper coins of negligible worth.
- Chaim

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

+1
just joined the site and was looking to enter unopened boxes and complete sets into my inventory, guess i cant at the moment.

Just want to put this back up for discussion. (Yes, this is my version of saying "Bump.")

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

Yes.  I would also like to track sealed or unopened product.  Specifically both from the vault and duel decks.

Also, complete products like the San Diego Comic Con olaneswalker sets.

I'd appreciate this feature, especially to get some of the higher-priced cards on my wishlist.