Topic: N/a

N/a

Last edited by Stobbart (2015-04-27 17:50:17)

Re: N/a

Just a heads up -- Requested scans/photos of the Future Sight Tarmogoyfs and received really poor quality pictures of sleeved cards. When I asked for unsleeved pictures of the cards, I received two different pictures with the message:

"Here are the photos/scans I but on magic card market ages ago, the nature of different back grounds is because they were both placed on mkm at different times and sending you these just makes my life easier!"

The whole interaction just felt incredibly fishy. I'm not saying Stobbart is in fact trying to scam Deckbox users, but I am posting this information as advice to any users contemplating initiating a trade with Stobbart.

Of course not dude. I admit I should have taken better photos for you but That was me purely being lazy and if you had stated you weren't happy with the photos I could Have sent others! I post first class and recorded anyway and would allow anyone trading with me access to my social media accounts for there own safety or the option of going through eBay and getting protection that way.
I feel rather than public post you should have perhaps ran these concerns through me first. As now I see no point of selling Anything on here as such a comment as "fishy" ruins my integrity and I certainly wouldn't buy from me as user now either, regardless of any factors.

I don't think his post damaged your integrity.  Would you give $100+ to someone who signed up for the site 2 weeks ago, has no wishlist, is offering expensive format staples for below market prices, and is looking to use paypal gift to get around the site's protection and fees?

I doubt it.

I did state in the post that i Happy to go through eBay protection. Which I will now post on all my posts. I quess I'll Have to wait for some good feedback off some Snapcaster I sent and come back to the site then.

To be honest I'm not going to get into a big debate with you as I'm sure he can reply
Him self and frankly you should be expressing that opinion to me privately. This isn't a reddit post.
I will no longer be selling anything for few weeks. That should be that in terms of this post.

I just find it odd that you, Stobbart, do not have any feedback for any previous trades or sales, your inventory does not reflect the quantities you're posting, and the quality of photos you've provided are indicative of someone not familiar with trading or selling.

For anyone that'd like to see the photos Stobbart provided, I've uploaded them to an Imgur album here: http://imgur.com/a/FJTAA

As I said dude, I won't be selling on here until I have some feedback.  Correct I am New to selling. Of course there's no feedback as I'm a new user. However I am just going go through eBay from
Now on.
I'll agree that maybe it was correct for you to express your
Concerns and I would have done the same. So no hard feelings. I will say you could have handled this better and maybe spoke to me through email about wanting to express your concerns on here to wish i have agreed with. Again with the posting my photos without going through me or offerings
Chance to send you more photos strikes me  as quite untasteful and a personality trait you could work on.
I will only reply through emails now.
Thanks

Stobbart wrote:

Again with the posting my photos without going through me or offerings
Chance to send you more photos

Why would you not want me to post the photos you provided?

Stobbart wrote:

...quite untasteful and a personality trait you could work on.

I'll start tomorrow.

Stobbart wrote:

Thanks

You're welcome.

Your good with your key board boy, but that don't mean nothing.

This is a perfectly acceptable conversation to have publicly.  If you're legit, you learned something (albeit in a harsh way).  It also gives other potential new sellers guidelines about what behavior may be seen as a potential scam.

If you're not legit, you won't come back.  We've also sent a message to potential scammers that this community is not a target.

I was snarky, which was probably unecessary, but online trading communities are based on trust.  Behavior that feels like it's taking advantage of that trust is not going to be treated kindly.

It has felt a bit brutal. Espcially because I'm
Not here to scam anyone and haven't in any way done so or would do so. Feels a bit like getting accused of crime that I haven't committed!

However I appreciate your last post as it's more genuine and your points or completely fair, and I perhaps have made myself look worse through my interactions  with "treessley". Trust has to be earned I get that.

You're right that it isn't fair to treat you like you've already done something wrong, but when dealing with online trading and selling, you have to take a prophylactic stance.  Everyone is treated as a potential scammer until your reputation proves otherwise.

This site is awesome and I hope you find it that way too.

This is the most fun I've had on deckbox in some time now.  Thanks guys!

For all of his talk, he is a scammer.  I am in the midst of a paypal claim with him right now for cards never sent.

Nevpicasso wrote:

For all of his talk, he is a scammer.  I am in the midst of a paypal claim with him right now for cards never sent.

Sorry to hear that. It doesn't surprise me to see he hasn't logged in since his last post in this thread.