Topic: Noob introduction

Hi all,
I'm new here to DeckBox, as well as to EDH traders (thank you for accepting my request!), but also brand new to MTG in general. I'm slowly learning the dynamics of EDH / Commander and am really loving the game -- the beautiful, mythological cards, the various tactics and strategy -- I'm looking forward to shifting from precon EDH decks to making my own.

Furthermore, I'm very much looking forward to trading cards.
Should anyone have the time and/or the interest, please do take a look at the cards in my inventory (it is everything I own up to this point, though I have a "random lot" of 2,000 coming from Ebay which I'll enter in as soon as they arrive.

I fully intend on trading here, but the thing is being as new as I am to the game I actually don't yet know what cards I would or would not want to trade...that's how new I am! :/

Hopefully as I keep playing and if others can also take a look at my inventory I can start to get a better idea of those cards I'd want to move versus hanging on to and building EDH decks with (the only format I'm interested in playing right now).

If anyone has any recommendations for me, I'd be grateful.

Cheers!

Re: Noob introduction

Welcome to the MTG and Deckbox community!

If you're into podcasts, the Command Zone is a great one for EDH content.  If you're into YouTube, the Tolarian Community College channel is a great resource for new players and "Judge's Corner" on the Gathering Magic channel is good for learning the rules stuff.

The two most important pieces of advice that I can give you as a new player and new trader are:
1.) Rare lands are some of the most sought-after cards in the game.  Do not underestimate how many people want them and keep the ones that you don't need to trade for higher value cards that you want.
2.) Do not buy booster packs, fat packs, or intro packs to try and get rare and mythic cards that you want.  Booster packs are great for drafting or playing sealed with a group of friends, or as gifts for your family to buy you, but they are a complete waste of money otherwise.  Taking a $20 bill that you would spend on booster packs and buying singles from your local shop that you know you will use in a deck will be much more rewarding and will end up costing you a lot less money.  Booster packs are like slot machines: 1% of the time you make your money back or win big, but 99% of the time you're just flushing money down the toilet for a slight rush.

Draw well and have fun,
Timber

And trade, trade a lot big_smile You can start with me eheh Jk

Greetings and welcome to the community!

@Timber

Thanks so much for your recommendations, I really appreciate it.

Thus far I have purchased 4 precon EDH decks, a core starter (agree, total waste of money) and a Dragons of Tarkir booster box (that proved a fair, 1:1 $ deal...plus, I like dragons, LoL). I purchased 2,000 "random cards with several hundred rares" off Ebay for dirt cheap and that should show up soon so I'll enter all that in as I can.

I'm a huge fan of podcasts as I can listen while I work so I'll subscribe to Command Zone as well as watch the Tolarian CC channel as well as Judge's Corner.

Again, thank you so much for your helpful-for-a-true-nOOb recommendations, I really appreciate it!

@Rainho1991

Looking forward to trading a lot on here, for sure.

Actually, I'm working on my first trade, but heck yeah I'll trade with ya!

Cheers!

Right on, thank you so much @ShadowStrike14! Good to know ya!