Topic: b/w ally life gain

So I watched some of the pro tour bfz and have drafted the b/w life game deck once or twice and it has been a lot of fun. People seem to not think highly of it and it tends to win most of the match ups so I am trying to move it into standard.
I have a red splash to add a third color for unified front or to sb in resolute blademaster. Aside form adding fetches for bfz lands, any thoughts on beefing it up. Haven't gotten a chance to playtest it yet (aside from soloing) and plan on giving it a spin at a fmn.

https://deckbox.org/sets/1244161

Re: b/w ally life gain

So before I continue, is there a budget for this deck?

I'd like to keep everything as post rotation as possible and do have access to fetches if that helps.

also realized that Gideon goes in but I have a high suspicion I will note be able to acquire multiple copies of him (potentially 2 would be max atm)

Ok sweet, because since you are running the Retreats the fetches are a must.

So lifegain in and of itself is not game winning so I would actually recommend to look at the various Rally the Ancestors decks there are as these have alot of cards that you have and are really explosive. My personal opinion is:

• -3 Expedition Envoy and go to 4 Zulaport Cutthroats and 4 Kalastria Healer. Having these is just so much better than the Envoy and it still triggers Rally

• -2 Encircling Fissure and -2 Unified Front and go to 4 Swift Reckoning. Killing creatures ins always better than damage provention

• -3 Tandem Tactics -1 Serene Steward and add 4 Rally the Ancestors. Seriously, rally is insane in this kind of deck so you can get triggers from Zulaport Cutthroats when you make bad blocks or alpha strikes and then get triggers from Kalastria Healer as you bring them back.

austinarcher10 wrote:

I'd like to keep everything as post rotation as possible and do have access to fetches if that helps.

Keep in mind that there isn't any sort of rotation until April of next year, so it's FARRRR too early to be worrying about anything rotation related.

Check out my W/B ally resurrection deck on my page. That is my take on it. Except I would run Shambling Vents X4