Topic: Thoughts or Advice? Std Colorless

https://deckbox.org/sets/1329417?s=c&o=a

just wanting to keep it std and colorless open to any other suggestions.

Last edited by GeekMagicWarp (2016-02-11 17:03:17)

Re: Thoughts or Advice? Std Colorless

I think you need to add Eldrazi Mimic and remove some of your big expensive creatures.  I also think you have to go with 4 Shrine of the Forsaken Gods and probably add more mana to the deck, or your going to end up with big creatures in your hand you can't cast.

I would look for a bit more consistency in the deck.  Stream line what you want to do and Choose 4 ofs for most things.

I threw together a quick deck based off of yours.

https://deckbox.org/sets/1329732?s=c&o=a

Ignore the sideboard.  I just moved some cards there as a holding area. 

Hope this helps.

@Talus21 Thanks for the reply... Idk how I missed Eldrazi Mimic. I bumped up to 4 Shrine's, I also moved Ulamog to the sideboard which I know sounds crazy but I've won with Ulamog plenty of times. I want to try something different. I noticed you had removed Walker of the Wastes which was honestly alot of the reason I'm building this deck so I moved Matter Reshaper to the sideboard instead and bumped a couple of creatures up to 4... Check it out and see if you think it looks better. Oh also I took out Tomb of the Spirit Dragon simply because I know it's not going to be in Standard once SOI comes out.

I think it looks more focused.  I'd look at the spells next and see what works best for you meta.  There are limited options for colorless spells, but feel you could get some more reliability if you figure out what's working best.

With Walker of the Wastes being the main reason to build the deck I'd ditch Ruins of Oran-Rief and add more wastes.  I might even consider getting rid of Sea Gate Wreckage for more wastes.  You'll want to maximize the amount of wastes you'll get. 

Best of luck crushing your opponents with no colors.

Will you be taking this to FNMs?  And are you willing to run some color in the sideboard?  If so I think you could have some fun in games 2 and 3 messing with people by having sideboard answers for just about everything.  Crumbling Vestige would great to play some sorceries or enchantments with. Perhaps Silkwrap or Transgress the Mind.  Pretty much anything with just one colored mana symbol in the casting cost.

Just an after thought I had after I made my last post.

I will be taking this to FNM. I have thought about having a colorful sideboard as well and I dont hate the idea. The deck we have been working on is where I would like my deck to get to. I currently have this build: https://deckbox.org/sets/1332937?s=c&o=a . It's just what I had available when I put the deck together. Obviously I still have to buy some cards. Which I plan to do either this week or next. I think I will run 4 Crumbling Vestige and sideboard a few extra spells. Negate is usually a staple for me if I can run blue. And I am going to ditch the other non-basics. I played my current build a few times over the weekend and its very strong and not as slow as I thought it might be. By turn 4 its not problem to have 6 mana and drop in one of the larger eldrazi then by turn 6 I can usually have one of the really big guys out. And Walker of the Wastes gets big quick with nothing but Wastes for land.

Remember that you only get the colored mana with Crumbling Vestige on your turn and only once per land when you first play it.  Of course pain lands could also serve the purpose of supplying some colored mana options.

Yeah I do have some Unkown Shores and Holdout Settlements... but I'll make that decision when I actually get the cards to put the rest of it together.