Topic: STD Mardu Displacer STD

http://deckbox.org/sets/1309054

A deck I'm trying to fine tune a bit.  The idea is to have ETB effects that you activate with Eldrazi Displacer. The support spells are basically removal.  The trouble spot is that I have two spots in the deck that are currently held by Bearer of Silence.  I'm unsure what to put in there as I feel I need more early game presence, but have really not liked the various options I've tried. 

The sideboard is mainly focused on dealing with the Rally Deck.  But I've noticed many of those cards work against other decks.

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

Re: STD Mardu Displacer STD

A few options that come to mind that would help you abuse the displacer are as follows:

Merciless Executioner (you can sac the thopter tokens)
Fleshbag Marauder (same as above)
Kalastria Healer (not the most efficient, but it could work in a pinch)
Mardu Skullhunter (if you want to empty their hand in the mid-to-late game)
Wingmate Roc (not that you need more top end, but it's solid with displacer)
Thopter Engineer (give the thopters from Pia and Kiran haste, it makes a thopter, and it has a big arse for blocking)
Wasteland Strangler (if you have some more options for exile, you can have repeated removal)
Relief Captain (I mean support 3 is solid enough it might be worth a go... pump your whole team each flicker)
Gilt-Leaf Winnower (repeat removal...)
Priest of the Blood Rite (hooray repeat demons!)

Pretty much any of these would be a serviceable option that allows you to get the most out of displacer, all while still being useful cards on their own (Healer being arguably the weakest one).

The real question is, are there particular matchups you're looking to shore up with the spots currently occupied by Bearer?

Re: STD Mardu Displacer STD

So I thought about your question.  The match up I really want to shore up is Rally.  So I was thinking I would main board 2 Hallowed Moonlight.  It will never be a completely dead card in hand because you can draw a card.

Thanks for all the suggestions of ETB creatures.  I hadn't thought of a few of them.

Still working on the sideboard.  It's fairly setup for the ramp and rally decks right now.  Not sure how well setup, but done to the best of my abilities.
Any suggestions on sideboard would be appreciated.