Topic: Need Help Importing CSV Please

So I exported a CSV from decked builder and checked to make sure the columns are correct with the deckbox format but I am still getting an error. I hope you guys may be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you in advance smile

Edit: I am using the Decked Builder Upload CSV option.

Edit 2: I did get it uploaded via the import CSV option by changing the categories and stuff but would still like to know if there is a way to do it via the Decked Builder upload CSV option so I don't have to change these categories. Thank you.

Error: The server encountered a problem trying to import your file. Please check that it is a plaintext csv file and try again.

Last edited by screlin (2016-02-05 18:38:23)

Post's attachments

Paper Collection.csv 193.45 kb, 23 downloads since 2016-02-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Need Help Importing CSV Please

I also got an error.  Any fix for this yet?

It sucks I cleared out my inventory and now can't upload.  I guess I have to do what the other user did and put some work into it.  Ugh.

Last edited by sleeper (2016-02-24 03:10:58)

Sorry for the late reply here. Sleeper, is your issues also related to the decked builder importer? Or a standard deckbox csv?

Decked Builder import.

Checking, there seems there's indeed an encoding problem that I overlooked then forgot about.

Fixed some issues with the Decked Builder importer now. Could you try running it again?

Nope, it's still not working.

I'm using Decked Builder for Windows and here's an example of the CSV.  I've deleted about 3000 rows to make it smaller though.  This file looks a bit different from the one screlin uploaded.  I don't know why though.  I just purchased Decked Builder a few weeks ago, so it should be up to date.

sleeper wrote:

Nope, it's still not working.

I'm using Decked Builder for Windows and here's an example of the CSV.  I've deleted about 3000 rows to make it smaller though.  This file looks a bit different from the one screlin uploaded.  I don't know why though.  I just purchased Decked Builder a few weeks ago, so it should be up to date.

I do not see the attached file. Could you send it to support@deckbox.org?

Yes I too have got this message:
"Error: The server encountered a problem trying to import your file. Please check that it is a plaintext csv file and try again."
I'd already spent hours removing the correct accents, punctuation & in some cases changing text in order to get the approval of the incorrect but picky Deckbox system. But clearly it's determined to reject me anyway, without any explanation of why now.
I will email my csv: please tell me what exactly is wrong.
Thanks,
Andrew

Last edited by anselan (2016-03-28 14:26:28)

anselan wrote:

Yes I too have got this message:
"Error: The server encountered a problem trying to import your file. Please check that it is a plaintext csv file and try again."
I'd already spent hours removing the correct accents, punctuation & in some cases changing text in order to get the approval of the incorrect but picky Deckbox system. But clearly it's determined to reject me anyway, without any explanation of why now.
I will email my csv: please tell me what exactly is wrong.
Thanks,
Andrew

I fixed this by deleting the record for "Ach! Hans, Run!", which was confusing in csv, and adding it manually later myself. Then there was no problem loading the file.

anselan wrote:

I fixed this by deleting the record for "Ach! Hans, Run!", which was confusing in csv, and adding it manually later myself. Then there was no problem loading the file.

I did get your email and checked the file, it was indeed a row with an extra comma in there. Where was this csv exported from?

sebi wrote:
anselan wrote:

I did get your email and checked the file, it was indeed a row with an extra comma in there. Where was this csv exported from?

Hi, thanks for this. It was exported from Excel but I also edited some versions I tried with sublime text editor. Didn't seem to be possible to get the quotation marks and commas to behave in either tool, but easy enough to add the record directly afterwards. I suggest that upload instructions explicitly recommend excluding this card, and uploading it manually.

All the silly diphthongs and accents (AEther, Juza'm) etc are removed in your texts, and also some punctuation like exclamation marks in Kill! Destroy! I have no particular love of all them, but I think that Deckbox pre-processor should have capability to accept these if the import format is correct. The card _ is not accepted: instead it's ____, which is incorrect because much was made at the time that this was the shortest card name. Curiously, the only exotic character that you do accept is the (R) character in one of the Unhinged cards.

But the real ask is a correct, comprehensive list of all the world's magic cards, including promos, languages, foilyness, and variants within one set.

Thanks again,
Andrew

anselan wrote:

All the silly diphthongs and accents (AEther, Juza'm) etc are removed in your texts, and also some punctuation like exclamation marks in Kill! Destroy! I have no particular love of all them, but I think that Deckbox pre-processor should have capability to accept these if the import format is correct. The card _ is not accepted: instead it's ____, which is incorrect because much was made at the time that this was the shortest card name. Curiously, the only exotic character that you do accept is the (R) character in one of the Unhinged cards.

Agreed, they are very annoying to deal with, always have been in the last 8 years smile. But it is what it is. I will try to find the time to make some more lenient parsers for csv inputs, but it is always going to be error prone and finnicky to please any kind of data.

Hi,

I've been importing files for some time the same way with no issues but since last week when i try to import the attached file, i get an error saying
"The server encountered a problem trying to import your file. Please check that it is a plaintext csv file and try again."
Could you please check the file and let me know what's wrong with it?
I checked the file several times but couldn't see any abnormalities.

Thanks

Post's attachments

RTR.csv 18.06 kb, 20 downloads since 2016-04-28 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.