Topic: Minor backend changes to email system

We have changed the service provider for our emailing system, since our former one, despite being great[1] has decided to kick away all its customers (boo MailChimp!) smile.

The change looks to have been smooth and normally there should be no issues and no visible changes to deckbox users.  If you *do* see any kind of email delivery problem, or broken email layouts / links / content of any kind, please let me know via a Support ticket.

[1] http://blog.mandrill.com/important-chan … drill.html

Re: Minor backend changes to email system

Can you not run a SMTP server yourself so you don't have to deal with the hosting or is getting that set up more work than is necessary.

lordoftheshadows wrote:

Can you not run a SMTP server yourself so you don't have to deal with the hosting or is getting that set up more work than is necessary.

We did have one for many years at the beginning, then used gmail, then tried a dedicated service.

It is a finicky thing, email sending, and there are many things that go wrong. Yahoo stopped delivering mail from us twice for many days, and nobody was responding to my emails, etc.

Also the risk of having to debug arcane postfix configuration files and log data for days on end, as the sole maintainer of the website is not worth taking...

Thanks so much for your hard work, sebi! We had a similar thing happen at my work, and honestly the alternatives aren't great. I'm surprised MailChimp killed off Mandrill in that way. At one point we had 3 different email services sending email to different groups of people because Yahoo was too aggressive at blocking our email from one provider.

And I'd agree that no one wants to try to keep postfix and dovecot up to date and working perfectly. Just my personal email account server took hours to set up properly, and that was for normal (rare) email interaction.

Sorry for putting this here but I have found that I have a 176$ full art foil swamp. Don't get me wrong , I love the value, I just think there may be a glitch.

Thatman77 wrote:

Sorry for putting this here but I have found that I have a 176$ full art foil swamp. Don't get me wrong , I love the value, I just think there may be a glitch.

Should be posted here.