Topic: Distinct Cards vs. Results

Hey all,

I've noticed a discrepancy in my inventory between "Distinct Cards" and "Results" (currently 6979 Distinct and 6967 results).  Has anyone else seen this? Any guesses as to what's causing it?  I thought it might be multiple entries of the same card as I had this problem before with more results than distinct cards (caused by importing cards without condition/language), but I tried to fix that in the csv and reupload.  Now I have this problem.  Does anyone know how results and distinct cards are counted?

Cheers!

Re: Distinct Cards vs. Results

Where are you seeing this?

I was seeing it in the inventory page.  I have since fixed the problem by restoring to an earlier inventory and doing some corrections.  I'm still not quite sure how I ever got fewer results than distinct cards (I might have written the numbers down incorrectly). 

I'm 99% sure it happened like this.
1. Entered a bunch of cards into the inventory.
2. Created a .csv file to upload, including some additional copies of cards already in the inventory, but forgetting to fill out the Condition & Language columns.
3. Upload.
4. Export entire collection. Now the copies uploaded without Condition/Language information are separate rows.
5. Auto-Fill the Condition & Language columns (now the copies of some cards are split across multiple rows, e.g. 5 copies of NM English RTR Abrupt Decay are split into a row of 4 copies and a row of 1 copy)
6. Remove collection and replace from the "corrected" .csv file.
7. Now you have two entries for NM English RTR Abrupt Decay, one with 1 copy, one with 4.

The better way to fix this (in hindsight) is as follows (this is as much to fix this in my mind for the future as it is for anyone else who ever has this problem):
At Step 4, use excel filtering to cut out the rows missing the information. 
5a. Reupload to return the inventory to the Step 1 state.
6a. Fix the Step 2 csv file by putting in the Condition/Language.
7a. Upload a corrected file, and DeckBox will combine them properly.

Deckbox has had some problems with combining cards with identical conditions before. It's possible this is just another way to produce that problem. Glad to see you came up with a fix though. smile

Yes, you correctly diagnosed the root cause. I had the exact same issue, although mine resulted from me building a CSV file with duplicate entries (since I was entering separate lots into the same file). If you upload a file that has duplicates of cards already in your inventory, they combine correctly. But if you upload a file that itself contains duplicates, they will not combine.

You also would have had trouble editing those line items via the interface, and they would have made more than 30 items display on each page of results.

Yeah, when I was correcting some lines via the interface, I did notice a few strange things.  (Typically I would have two identical rows, excepting possibly quantity).  I noticed clicking the checkbox for one would sometimes/often highlight the other, and deleting one row would cause the larger of the two quantities to appear in the remaining entry.  Thankfully both oddities weren't too hard to work around.