Topic: [Request] MTG Token/Promo cards

G'day,

Want to start of by saying what a wonderful site this it. It's making a huge difference in cataloguing my collection, saving me a heap of time. I've even learnt how to tell the difference between Unlimited and Revised so I could enter the cards in properly! So thanks for making this site, cheers. big_smile

Would it be possible to add special MTG promo and token cards which aren't currently on the site? I've got a couple of promos which don't appear to be from any set in particular, and some token which aren't on the site (Marit Lage for example).

Also, another somewhat related idea. On the properties drop down box when you add a card, would it be possible to have another option where you can type a few quick words about the card. Say it had been signed by the artist, or was a special promo card.

Neither are real problems, and even then, they're rare circumstances.

Re: [Request] MTG Token/Promo cards

Hello, and thanks for your nice words.

The special promo and token cards are a bit of a problem, and they have been mentioned a few times in the past. The problem is that I really really wanted to only have an official source for the card information, seeing as gatherer has been created for that purpose, and they do not include these cards.

I know magiccards.info track them, but I was hesitant in importing card information that is there because I have no guarantees that all of it is 100% true, and that all those cards indeex exist in those editions. Having to remove cards later, after people added them to inventories and tradelists, opens up a big can of worms smile

Nevertheless as it seem people are having trouble with this issue often, we shall try to decide on a way to solve this.

Re: [Request] MTG Token/Promo cards

That makes sense, better to play it safe than risk messing up something that already works.