Topic: Advice about revenge review

So recently I had a small trade with somebody. The entire trade was worked out very quickly and easily, in less than like 4 messages between us. I even ended up sending my cards first (not to my knowledge, he told me he was sending his once he received mine and never told me that prior to receiving my cards).' When his cards finally arrived they were completely warped and without a top loader. I gave him a review that basically the cards arrived in a less than ideal condition, he then went ahead and ripped me a new one on my review and it was completely and very obvious a negative review in revenge for my review of him. So far the dispute process has been less than helpful and I don't know where to go from here considering I don't really want to initiate new trades with only one review and it being SO negative and a blatant lie.

Re: Advice about revenge review

1) New Deckbox (and many other similar site) members almost always send first. It's unfortunate that your trade partner didn't specify this in the trade, but it is the general practice. He should have made sure you were aware of this. In the end you both got the cards from the trade (ignoring condition and such for the moment) so no harm was really done here.

2) His cards arriving damaged. You say it was poor packaging and that could very well be the case. However, it sounds like the first thing you did was leave him negative feedback instead of trying to find a positive resolution.

3) His negative feedback in this case is totally justified. The entirety of his feedback relates to what happened after the cards were received.

4) Sebi is the only person that manages this site, so he is very busy.

You have two options:
1) Leave both negative feedbacks and both of you move on with your lives.
2, and the significantly better option) Work out a reasonable resolution that you are both satisfied with. The options for which are both of you returning the cards, him sending replacements, him purchasing replacements, or him sending cash through paypal (note that cash value does not equal trade value). Getting damaged cards sucks. Receiving negative feedback for something that you could have remedied sucks. Not being on Deckbox sucks. If you and your trade partner can work something out, Sebi can reset the feedback for the trade so you can both leave positive feedback when it gets resolved.

Re: Advice about revenge review

Well without hearing the other traders side of view, we are not sure what really happened. Though Sebi will be the only person that can change anything about reviews. To be fair, without hearing the other side, I kinda want to side with the other trader for 2 reasons. Feedback matter. Why would the other trader ruin their 140+ positive trades with a simple $4 trade. Makes no sense. The second thing is I have dealt with you before and you opened a case vs me over me cancelling a trade during negotiations and tried to ask Sebi for you to  leave me negative feed back. That was not really called for. All this just leaves a bad impression on the type of person you are when it comes to trading.