Topic: I need help!

Hey guys!
I'm super new to this website and really would like to speed up the process of inventory and deck building. I'm trying to catalog about 40 decks and at least 4 double boxes of cards for my boyfriend.
I keep adding to the inventory, then creating a new deck, then going back to inventory and adding those cards to the decks, but, it seems i need to drastically alter the deck afterward. 
Can I just build the decks and have it show as inventory? I think my boyfriend just wants a running total for his collection, for insurance purposes, so inventory is important - but I don't think he is trading or selling (he might, Im unsure).
I also can't seem to find how to catalog foil cards - I just ran across 2 woodfall primus's and couldn't mark that they are foil. (they are not promotional!)
Also, how do I go about adding sealed box sets? booster packs?
Should (or can I) delete everything I cataloged to start fresh?
I'm up against thousands of cards, duplicates in different decks, and being new to the site. (a.k.a. super overwhelmed!)  Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
Lisa

Re: I need help!

Once you build the deck, you can click the inventory count box from the decklist, and add exactly those cards there. If you turn off the setting "I'm sharing cards between built decks" in your profile, you won't have to worry about how to count duplicates. As for foils, after the card you'll see a number of options, including edition, language, and then special flags, such as signed, altered art, foil, artist proof, misprint, etc. Just add the foil flag to the card. As for sealed product, there currently isn't a way to include that in inventory, unfortunately. =/

Re: I need help!

Thanks @epicwally, just what I wanted to ask about adding decks and inventory!

@Petschedesign, if the boxes of cards aren't already sorted, I'd highly recommend sorting by set, color, alpha before inputting. I just did this with over 4,000 cards and adding them to deckbox was super easy. Not only that, the cards I need are now easy to find (see pic).

Cheers,
kwacky1

Post's attachments

IMG_20170808_223611.jpg 1.31 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.