Topic: Other Useful Resources

I just wanted to name drop some internet resources that you may or may not have used. It's a short list, but I hope you find something useful in it.

• www.tappedout.net - Another community that specializes in deck building and review.  I really like the v1 playtest webapp.  You can goldfish with any deck in the list just to get a feel for how it runs.

• www.deckstats.org - Bring your decklist here to get all kinds of crazy statistics.  I use this for the text versions of proxies so I can goldfish my deck with physical cards in hand.

• www.edhrec.com - EDHREC pulls statistics and meta from the decks posted on tappedout.net and gives you helpful meta when trying to synergize your deck.  DISCLAIMER:The concept for this DG format originates from the "Ultra-Budget Brews" blog on this site.

Feel free to share your favorite sites, resources, youtube-rs, etc.

Re: Other Useful Resources

Tolarian Community College is a fantastic Youtube channel for MTG, and he has recently been creating Tolarian Tutor videos which are mini lectures on deck construction and play. He also has a huge series of videos for testing and rating MTG products and supplemental products like sleeves and deckboxes, his tests are vigorous and helpful in my opinion.

TheMagicManSam is another great Youtube channel that has a series dedicated to the artists of MTG, it really increases your appreciation for the art of Magic.

I just found out about this one.
https://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Forge
It is a deckbuilder and tester that has some really good AI. No more goldfishing!!!

Aldapwn wrote:

I just found out about this one.
https://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Forge
It is a deckbuilder and tester that has some really good AI. No more goldfishing!!!

Interesting... too bad it couldn't run in an online format without the download.  It would be nice if they could use the actual art for the cards as well.  I guess beggars can't be choosers.  I'm interested to see how well it plays.  Right now I'm having trouble adding my deck to the play-testing arena.

**EDIT** I was able to figure out how to add and use my own deck, with the pictures.  This is a fairly well thought out app and quite robust for freeware.  I found out I'm a much better magic player when I do not miss any triggers.  Now if I can figure out how to launch it from a web browser, I could then host it somewhere and then have it in the "cloud".

You can download the pictures in the settings, and I have not spent time yet to build, but there is a button you gotta press to bring up the commander build tab. Also you can turn off the music and sound in the settings.