Topic: Anyone South of the Beltway?

I live in Alexandria, always looking to draft, EDH, modern and trade.

Re: Anyone South of the Beltway?

If you don't mind a metro ride, you should come to Labyrinth Games near Eastern Market.  FNM includes draft, and they often have modern/EDH on Tuesdays.  https://www.eventbrite.com/o/labyrinth- … 4169476451

I've been there once or twice. Nice people and a friendly environment, though the cramped space and rush to sign up for events has deterred me before. Do the Tuesday events sell out as quickly as the Friday ones have?

About a year ago Labyrinth expanded their space by getting a lease on the adjacent storefront (I think it was formerly a check cashing place?).  They knocked down some interior walls and spread out a little bit.  Prereleases are still a little tight, but the sign up rush and crowding is better for your average FNMs.  I don't play much on Tuesdays, so I don't know how fast their events fill up.  I know the Tuesday night EDH is usually unofficial, so there's no signups or anything.  You just show up and see who is around to play.  You can also join the "DC-Metro MTG" group on Facebook to be in the loop for other local Magic events.

Last edited by Bulletproofman (2018-03-30 13:13:59)

The news that they have expanded is promising. I may give Labyrinth another shot, then. Just sent a request to join the DC-Metro Magic group.

Thank you for your info and advice!