Topic: Problems exporting CSV ("error in line 1564")

Whenever I export my inventory to TappedOut, I get an error message on that site that says there is an error on line 1564 of the CSV file that I created here on Deckbox. I asked for help on that website, but they told me the problem must be with Deckbox because the CSV file isn't formatted correctly somehow; the columns or rows are weird or something like that. The weird thing is that there IS no line 1564 on my CSV; my inventory only goes to line 1563. So what's going wrong when I create the CSV?

CSV attached.

Re: Problems exporting CSV ("error in line 1564")

Apparently I can't attach CSVs. But does anybody know what the problem might be, why there's an error on line 1564 even though my inventory only goes to line 1563?

Bump.

When you go to Inventory > Edit > As CSV, there's a checkbox to Ignore Errors. Since the supposed error line references an irrelevant line, it should be fine to use this checkbox.

That's exactly what I thought and did--I forgot to mention that--but that didn't work either.

Thank you so much for responding, by the way.

CasualMTGSeller wrote:

That's exactly what I thought and did--I forgot to mention that--but that didn't work either.

Thank you so much for responding, by the way.

You're welcome! Sorry that the obvious didn't work.  :\

I work with CSVs all the time and would love to help if possible. Would you be opposed to uploading the inventory to a file sharing site (a temporary one would be fine) so that I could download it?

No opposed at all; thankful in fact!

Here's a Dropbox link to it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycb6id2fied79 … 8.csv?dl=0

oK, so I'm not exactly sure what caused your specific error, since I'm looking at the original exported CSV from Deckbox, and not the CSV you modified in order to upload on TappedOut.

My only guess is that, when editing it, you somehow got an extra row added at the end? You wouldn't necessarily see such an issue in a spreadsheet program (such as Excel), but if you open it in a text editor (I used Notepad++), look for a line of just commas. I was sorta able to replicate a "line 1564" error in this way, by manually adding an empty row.

You also need to remove the header row that Deckbox has, but considering you had already tried the "ignore errors" checkbox, I'm betting you already did that as well (although you mentioned your inventory going to line 1563, but really, it only goes to line 1562 once the header row is gone, so... double check that!).

The attached file worked perfectly for me on TappedOut. Some notes about going from DB.org to TO.net (in case you hadn't figured these out yet):

• I had to remove the oversized commanders as well as the World Champ Deck card, as TO doesn't seem to support them (not that I found). So that's 4 less total count and 4 less unique.

• TO also doesn't support the alternate arts in sets like Fallen Empires. If you upload a CSV with 2+ lines of the same card/edition/language/condition that only differ in the Collector Number field, TO will only use the last instance of that card in the CSV. So e.g. you had 3 lines of "1 NM Eng Basal Thrull from Fallen Empires", for a total of 3 Basal Thrulls, but TO only showed 1. So in the attached file, I merged all those lines to show the total count, regardless of alt art. That's 5 less unique cards.

• Had you figured out how to deal with foils? TO is weird, in that it *exports* to CSV with a DB-style CSV (with a single Count column and a Foil column that works just like DB's). But for *import*, it requires you to have two separate Count columns (a la Decked Builder -- a normal and foil count). For the benefit of everyone, I'll share what I found to be the quickest way to do this below.

I hope the file works for you. Let me know if you have questions!

Convert Foils  (in Excel)

Deckbox defaults to column A being Count, col B being Tradelist Count, and col H being Foil.

Insert a new column next to col B (making the Foil column now be col I), then type the following formulas into the now columns B and C:

Column B:

=IF( I1="foil", 0, A1)

Column C:

=IF( I1="foil", A1, 0)

((You can quickly enter the formula into each cell by either a) entering it in the top row and then copying it down, or b) my preferred method, already having all the needed rows in column B/C highlighted, then pressing Ctrl+Enter after typing the formula.))

Then copy cols B and C and paste them right back where they were, except you'll choose "Paste Values" from the paste options.

Finally, delete col A. The new col A is now the Normal Count column, and col B is the Foil Count column.

Last edited by meldon44 (2018-08-08 22:17:37)

Post's attachments

TappedOutTestFixed.csv 60.86 kb, 1 downloads since 2018-08-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

The CSV I uploaded to Dropbox is actually one I didn't alter at all, but it still didn't work on TO.

But I downloaded the CSV you attached, uploaded it, and TO is processing it now....

Aaaaand....

Crap, didn't work. Now the error is huuuuuuuuuge and says, "Errors: Sets not found:" and then proceeds to list what looks like every single card in my inventory.

Could the problem be because before I uploaded it, I put a 1 in the "Qty column" field, a 2 in the "Card column" field, and a 3 in the "Set name column" field?

Thank you for the time you're spending on this. It's super nice of you.

CasualMTGSeller wrote:

Could the problem be because before I uploaded it, I put a 1 in the "Qty column" field, a 2 in the "Card column" field, and a 3 in the "Set name column" field?

Yep! You nailed it! Enter as follows:

Qty column -- 1
Card column -- 3
Set TLA column -- <blank>
Set name column -- 4
Language column -- 6
Condition column -- 5
Foil qty column -- 2
Multiverse id column -- <blank>

Well holy crap, it worked! Except it says there are 1553 cards, not 1563. Are the 10 missing the irrelevant ones like the oversized (I have 6 of those) and something else? It doesn't matter, though, really, I just needed my inventory up so I could make theoretical decks on TO using inventory cards, so if there are 4 missing it won't matter.

Thank you SO, SO much for helping me with this! You're awesome.

I guess in the future, when I get more cards, I should just manually add each card to TO and DB separately, otherwise I'll end up with these same problems, right?

CasualMTGSeller wrote:

Except it says there are 1553 cards, not 1563. Are the 10 missing the irrelevant ones like the oversized (I have 6 of those) and something else?

Hmm, I only saw 3 oversized in the inventory you provided, not 6. Guess there might be 3 missing from your Deckbox inventory!

In any case, there's actually only 1562 unique cards (it goes to row 1563 in Excel due to the header row on row 1). Of the 9 unique cards missing:

• 3 oversized commanders

• 1 World Championship Deck card -- Urza's Rage

• 5 alternate arts from Fallen Empires

• 3 different Basal Thrull (merged down to 1), so -2 unique

• 2 different High Tide, so -1 unique

• 2 different Initiates of the Ebon Hand, so -1 unique

• 2 different Mindstab Thrull, so -1 uniqure

CasualMTGSeller wrote:

if there are 4 missing it won't matter.

Especially since 3 are oversized commanders which you have the normal size for, and 1 is a World Champ card with gold border and nonstandard back, so.... some people might not even be cool with you playing it! Haha

CasualMTGSeller wrote:

Thank you SO, SO much for helping me with this! You're awesome.

You're welcome! I know it's the sort of help I'd hope for if it were me.  smile

CasualMTGSeller wrote:

I should just manually add each card to TO and DB separately, otherwise I'll end up with these same problems, right?

I think the main reason to add them separately is because of how much you'd have to edit the CSV to fix edition names, change "Near Mint" to "NM" and "English" to "EN", add the extra foil column, and watch out for oddities like alternate art and other unsupported cards.

That said, if you end up with a LOT of new cards..... might be worth the work to edit a Deckbox CSV file rather than add each card twice. That threshhold will depend on you -- how long it takes you to add cards on TO.net vs how comfortable you are with editing the CSV.

Now that I know what I am doing, it took me less than 2 minutes to make all the changes to the CSV file EXCEPT replace incompatible edition names. How long that'll take will depend on the size of the inventory, how many edition names are incompatible, how many you've memorized (e.g. now I know that "Magic 2010" needs to be changed to "2010 Core Set"), and how fast you are with Excel's Find-n-Replace. (For your current inventory, I'd suspect it would take anywhere from 5-10 minutes.)

How many individual cards can you enter into TappedOut in 10 minutes? Maybe 5-10 cards per minute, so max 100 cards?