Topic: What happens when you cancel premium?

Hi all,

Long time Basic user and about to initiate the upgrade to Premium for some of the extra features.

My question relates to what happens if you are a premium member, and you have used premium features (such as tagging decks as built, using the scratchpad, specifying printings within decks, etc) but then you cancel your premium membership and re-join later?

Do you lose the premium data when you re-subscribe or is it all there but you can't modify any of it while you are back being a basic user?

I ask because I go through phases of being able to afford things and not afford things, so my collecting of Magic often comes in waves, and I would love to be able to take advantage of the monthly subscription during the times I have money for Magic and Deckbox.

Thanks for the help.

Re: What happens when you cancel premium?

You don't lose any data when you go back to basic, all the stuff is there, you just can't use the features. So for example the notes you put on cards in decks are still there, but you can't modify it. As soon as you resubscribe you can modify it again.

Thanks, sebi - that's exactly what I had hoped would be the case!

sebi wrote:

You don't lose any data when you go back to basic, all the stuff is there, you just can't use the features. So for example the notes you put on cards in decks are still there, but you can't modify it. As soon as you resubscribe you can modify it again.

Based on this comment I adjusted the edition of the cards in all of my 40+ decks to the proper one (original printings mostly) and did set foil/language flags, during the free trial. Unfortunately most of these changes seem to be reverted after losing premium status.

Can you confirm that these hours invested are indeed lost or will the edition correct itself to my custom values when I subscribe to premium again?

Zorci wrote:

Based on this comment I adjusted the edition of the cards in all of my 40+ decks to the proper one (original printings mostly) and did set foil/language flags, during the free trial. Unfortunately most of these changes seem to be reverted after losing premium status.

Can you confirm that these hours invested are indeed lost or will the edition correct itself to my custom values when I subscribe to premium again?

Correct, they are not lost, they are simply not used.