Topic: (NEW USER) How should I contact people for trades?

Hi, I recently joined Deckbox with the intention to trade off most of my binder for cards I actually want. I see there's an option to match my trades with people's wishlists and vice versa and I wasn't sire how I should be talking to people in order to trade. I'm sure to long time users of the site this seems like trivial confusing but I've sent a couple emails to people who match my inventory and have yet to hear from either of them. There's a possibility that one was disinterested because of my card's quality but he didn't specify a quality on his wishlist.

Should I just send trade offers to people who meet my criteria? I'm not sure if that's rude or frowned upon or locks both parties into the trade or anything. There are tons of matching offers for me and I just wasn't sure how exactly I should be trading people. Any recommendation helps, thanks. smile

-Hatto

Re: (NEW USER) How should I contact people for trades?

Yup, just open trades.

1) Open the trade (preferably with a meaningful name)
2) Put in the cards that you want.
3) Leave their side blank, unless it's a very obvious trade (i.e. 1-for-1)
4) Send a friendly message.
5) If you don't hear back after a reasonable amount of time, just cancel the trade.
Trades aren't finalized until both parties have confirmed their address.

As a side note, many people don't like to "downtrade." That is trading a low number of higher-value cards for a large number of lower-value cards that add up to the same amount.