Topic: Question - Adding Commander Sets to Inventory

Hello,

I purchased all four of the C2018 commanders. They are still in their packages.

I wonder if there's a way to add every card into my inventory.

I can see how to "Mass Input" ONE of each into my inventory.

However, if each set has a Sol Ring, for example, how can I make sure I add all four of those?

Thank you.

Re: Question - Adding Commander Sets to Inventory

Tedology wrote:

I purchased all four of the C2018 commanders. They are still in their packages.

I wonder if there's a way to add every card into my inventory.

I can see how to "Mass Input" ONE of each into my inventory.

However, if each set has a Sol Ring, for example, how can I make sure I add all four of those?

Sadly, there is no native method to add every card of a sealed product to your inventory. I requested this feature a couple years ago, and it has been requested since.

If you go to the above post, there are CSV files for a handful of the sealed precons. I just added C2018 because of your post. Also, since you have all 4 of them, attached is a CSV that contains the cards for all 4, that way you don't have to download and import 4 separate CSVs.

The only issue with my CSVs is that, since my Commander 2018 is ALSO still sealed, I have no way of verifying that the basic lands have been distributed across the collector numbers correctly. I have followed the normal pattern WotC uses, but without actually opening the product, I can't guarantee it.

I hope this helps!

Post's attachments

Commander 2018 All 4 Decks.csv 17.16 kb, 2 downloads since 2019-01-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

meldon44 wrote:

Sadly, there is no native method to add every card of a sealed product to your inventory. I requested this feature a couple years ago, and it has been requested since.

If you go to the above post, there are CSV files for a handful of the sealed precons. I just added C2018 because of your post. Also, since you have all 4 of them, attached is a CSV that contains the cards for all 4, that way you don't have to download and import 4 separate CSVs.

The only issue with my CSVs is that, since my Commander 2018 is ALSO still sealed, I have no way of verifying that the basic lands have been distributed across the collector numbers correctly. I have followed the normal pattern WotC uses, but without actually opening the product, I can't guarantee it.

I hope this helps!

Wow! Thanks so much, Meldon! smile

I had just printed out the decklists and was just going to go by them and enter each card manually.

I haven't imported a CSV into Deckbox before. Is it fairly simple? Do I need to make sure any columns match, etc?

Thanks again for your generous help!

Tedology wrote:

I haven't imported a CSV into Deckbox before. Is it fairly simple? Do I need to make sure any columns match, etc?

Nope, no need to edit the columns! It was generated by Deckbox.

Super easy -- in fact, I find CSVs to be the easiest way to handle my very large inventory.

Just go to Add Cards > Add from CSV, choose the file, and import. It doesn't replace the existing inventory; it adds to what's already in it. (So be careful not to ever import the same CSV file twice! Definitely done that myself.)

As Deckbox recommends, I'd export your current inventory to CSV prior to import, just to be safe. Export is under Tools.

meldon44 wrote:

Nope, no need to edit the columns! It was generated by Deckbox.

Super easy -- in fact, I find CSVs to be the easiest way to handle my very large inventory.

Just go to Add Cards > Add from CSV, choose the file, and import. It doesn't replace the existing inventory; it adds to what's already in it. (So be careful not to ever import the same CSV file twice! Definitely done that myself.)

As Deckbox recommends, I'd export your current inventory to CSV prior to import, just to be safe. Export is under Tools.

I can't thank you enough for this help, Meldon! smile  Very much appreciated!

One additional way is to see if the Commander deck lists are on Wizards site.  For the Planeswalker decks released with each set, you can get a Text listing that you can easily copy/paste into the "Add cards from a List" option.  The text listings are presented as such:
4 Plains
4 Mountains
etc etc

So they're already formatted for the add via a text list for inventories.

TSpielman wrote:

One additional way is to see if the Commander deck lists are on Wizards site.  For the Planeswalker decks released with each set, you can get a Text listing that you can easily copy/paste into the "Add cards from a List" option.  The text listings are presented as such:
4 Plains
4 Mountains
etc etc

So they're already formatted for the add via a text list for inventories.

Thanks very much!

No problem, hope its what you were looking for