Topic: Extremely high load time

I don't know if it's just me, but deckbox is loading extremely slow today. Extremely being 3-4 minutes or longer for each page. Yesterday i noticed some slowdown too, but it wasn't as bad.
Does deckbox have any problems with limited bandwidth or is it just temporary?

update : Now it works better, but still kinda sluggish.

Last edited by Greatley (2011-10-26 10:07:50)

Re: Extremely high load time

I've used the site for a few months and have seen this very sporadically.

I had the same problem today (and some other days as well)

I figure the host of the site has some bandwidth issue... or something

The host has changed one month ago, the former server was in EU, now it's in New York, so it actually should be better for the us folk. There have been intermittent problems with mysql having too many slow queries logged, which I have looked at, and are now happening very rarely.

I cannot really assess the hardware / IO issues too accurately because the machine is a OpenVZ VPS host, and from my limited understanding of the process, it still very much depends on what other hosts on the machine are doing as well (even if there is some sort of resource quota in place for cpu / ram).

I'll try to keep an eye on it these next few days. Do not hesitate to post back when it happens again. Thank you for the feedback.

P.S I never thought bandwidth would be a problem for the hoster. I'm not too sure how to test if that is the case. Does anyone have suggestions? I'll probably install some  bandwidth / CPU logger thingie. The VPS guys don't provide too good a tool.

Load times are very high again sad

tnkflx wrote:

Load times are very high again sad

Thanks for letting us know. This time there is indeed a huge traffic spike lasting the 10 minutes before your post. Now I have just the simple task of finding what it is causing it smile

Search engine indexing maybe?

Again today i had problems with access to the site. All day had to wait a minute or so for every page to load. Please, fix this sad

Bump -- It took somewhere between 3-4 minutes to navigate the three links from the Forums -> Site Feedback -> to this thread just to notify.  Over the course of that time, it took even longer just to enter one card, Sickleslicer, to my inventory.

Hey,

We're still keeping an eye on these issues, not sure what exactly was causing the hangups. We have pingdom monitoring too and I have reverted today some apache modules to older versions which I know to work. Load is normal right now, please report any other bad load times in the next week or so if you notice any.