Topic: Bug: adding card to inventory

Hello, I see there was a recent update to the system layout.  While I don't care for the new boxes around everything...  My main concern is the change made the process of inputting cards for me slower.

The feature I liked about this site before was that when I put in a card name and changed the values...  After I hit "Apply" or "Save changes" the cursor would go back to the card name and highlight it (making it easier to put in the next card's name).

This feature made it easier to add my collection to the site.

Now:  I don't know where the cursor goes but I have to click into the field for the card name which adds time. 

Please give this feature back.  I hope it is just a minor fix...

Re: Bug: adding card to inventory

I have the exact same problem.
I have over thousand cards to add and before it was so smooth to add and make small adjustments and apply. Now I have to use mouse a lot more to move to the text field...

EDIT:
Also when you change amount to zero the row doesn't dissapear.

EDIT#2:
Adding a card that already exist, there are separate rows even if the cards are identical.
bug

Looking at inventory:
bug2

Last edited by DiMiaN (2020-03-25 09:15:43)

Hi!

I am new here on deckbox, and like it very much. Nice you already opened this topic, already wanted to do the same.
Wanted to talk about the fastest mass input method. I found the following. Organise your cards by edition, and you can massively add just click on + button on the list. You will search every card by it's edition number on the same page. Very easy and I guess this is the actually fastest method. Or any suggestion for faster input would be appreciated.
EDITED: I do not know what is happened with that function, I also added my collection before on that way. So after it's changed I found this out, may will be helpful. Aye sorry for my english big_smile

Best regards, nice opens cool

EDITED :
Picture uploaded. With green button you can choice the actual edition, with red button, you will open the list for the whole edition for rapid adding.
PunBB bbcode test

Here is the list in the MTG DB with an easy option to add, just click on +. Search by card number.

PunBB bbcode test

Last edited by Frost_Ghost (2020-03-25 10:41:02)

@Frost_Ghost, Thank you for the suggestion! This suggestion is definitely going to help when I buy boxes of new sets.  However that wont work for the random old cards I collected. 
I have my collection sorted by color first then by alphabet so that I can quickly and easily find the cards I want.  If I organized by set it would take longer to find and put away cards (to me).  I'm a deck builder at heart so almost every day I'm moving cards around tongue

Amerwin724 wrote:

The feature I liked about this site before was that when I put in a card name and changed the values...  After I hit "Apply" or "Save changes" the cursor would go back to the card name and highlight it (making it easier to put in the next card's name).

This is now fixed

Amerwin724 wrote:

@Frost_Ghost, Thank you for the suggestion! This suggestion is definitely going to help when I buy boxes of new sets.  However that wont work for the random old cards I collected. 
I have my collection sorted by color first then by alphabet so that I can quickly and easily find the cards I want.  If I organized by set it would take longer to find and put away cards (to me).  I'm a deck builder at heart so almost every day I'm moving cards around tongue

Yes if you have only few cards from different editions, it's definitely not the way you go.

Are the duplicates being handled?
bug