Topic: Myster Booster Set Order. Alphabetical, etc.

I searched through the announcement/update threads and couldn't find an answer to my question.  It seems like the set order for the mystery boosters is alphabetical, by set?  Is this just the way that deckbox decided to order them, or is it an "official" set order/number from WOTC? Seems to me like doing full alphabetical instead of by set would be easier (since they're all really one myster booster "set).

Thanks!

Re: Myster Booster Set Order. Alphabetical, etc.

As far as I can find, there isn't an official collector order. The full set isn't listed on Gatherer (only the new test cards are), and since every card is an exact reprint of the original card (not counting the planeswalker symbol), the collector number of the original card is all that's available, which obviously isn't of any use.

Thus, it's up to each platform how they are ordered. That said, I'm not sure how you generated the order you described on Deckbox? The order Deckbox uses (visible on the edition page) is the standard order for sets -- Colorless, WUBRG, Gold, Hybrid, Split, Artifact, then Land -- with cards alphabetized within those color groupings. Within your Inventory, you should be able to sort in this order by clicking (E/#). If that isn't working, then that's a bug that should be reported!

Thank you!

I didn't realize it was colorless before WUBRG--I think that's where I was getting confused (I only started playing during m20, so I'm not as familiar with that creature type).  That will make it much easier to organize and enter.

You're welcome!